Scary Movies

It's a little early, but let's share our favorite scary movies. It needn't be a Halloween movie, just the one that really scares you enough that you can't watch it alone.

Comments

• Not exatcly a Halloween Movie but close- A Clockwork Orange

• Unfit: The Psychology of Donald Trump

• First War of the Worlds movie (1953). I had nightmares for at least a year after.

• I love true scary movies. But I detest hack n slash. So it's hard to find one that sends shivers down my spine. The 1st War of the Worlds movie is a good one. Must admit I've never seen A Clockwork Orange. I know that this sounds silly, but when I was in the Army and living in the barracks, I lived on the 2nd floor. I went to see Jaws. That night, I woke up from a nightmare that the shark was attacking.

• Jaws.I remember sitting in the cinema with Chris and Cath who was eight then.When the head fell out of the bottom of the boat I jumped out of my seat.Still haven't lived it down.Happy Days!

• Stir of Echoes was one that stuck with me back when I first saw it. Not sure why it scared me so much; but not "hack n slash" if that helps.

• Jaws. All psychological.....the fear of deep water and not being able to see or know what is down there.

• Rocky Horror

• homedoggyhomedoggy REGISTERED
    edited October 2021 174.216.13.96

... but seriously... The Exorcist

• justherejusthere REGISTERED
    edited October 2021 72.213.181.153

Oh, really, homedoggy....the Exorcist. I don't even want to go down that road!! :). Rocky Horror, though, absolutely hiliarous!

• SageSage REGISTERED
    edited October 2021 99.243.171.10

I couldn't find the first movie I thought of, from the last century, (and grossed myself out looking for it :D ) so I'll give you the second...

• My favorite classic scary series of all time has to be the 4 Dr. Hannibal Lecter Series , even more scary reading them

• How about Young Frankenstein

• Homedoggy, you've found the most entertaining, funny scary movies. I like those choices. I've never seen any of the Dr. Lecter stuff riverrat55.

• Anyone who has missed Rocky Horror Picture Show has missed a classic. There's nothing like seeing Tim Curry in bright red lipstick, black fishnet stockings and high heels dancing. I fell in love with his acting then and there. 🤩

• @gmaterre movies or books by Thomas Harris in order
    1) Red Dragon
    2)Silence of the Lambs
    3) Hannibal
    4)Hannibal Rising

• gmaterre...that scene in Rocky Horror was just THE BEST! I've loved it from the moment I first saw it...way back in 1979! ROFL. (Maybe, just maybe, it was early, early 1980...can't really remember. :))

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Attach file
Attach image
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Home General DiscussionComment As ...