Abas politics

This site has been free of politics, but the 'handles' being chosen of late reflect the corrosion of our culture and society and it's now affecting Greenfelt. Can it be cleansed?

Comments

• I'm sorry, gandalf1936, but I respectfully disagree with your statement. I believe the "handles" only reflect that person's personal beliefs...and hardly affect Greenfelt (or am I missing something?) Also, "cleansing" is rarely a solution for anything. (no pun intended)

• barzonymousbarzonymous REGISTERED
    edited July 2021 99.76.46.40

I just ignore them. I think they are usually ridiculous and often obnoxious, but they have no effect on my playing on this site. Just try to ignore them. It is up to @jim and @david to decide what is acceptable.

• oh yeah sure, choosing a nickname someone else doesnt like is at the root of all evil, and will surely lead to world war 3 if not total anhiliation of the planet and all who dwell on it .. .. .. dont get me started on girl scout cookies

• @gandalf1936 I politely disagree. Political 'handles' have been rife since I started playing. They ebb, they flow. I tend to tune it all out, play my own games and be content when I win. Please enjoy yourself on this wonderful site.

• “of late” implies that the emergence of politically infused usernames is a recent phenomenon. That’s not the case.
    Others have asked David & Jim to censor such names; they have consistently declined to do so.
    To both points, see David’s post in this thread: https://forum.greenfelt.net/discussion/comment/16429#Comment_16429

• GIRL SCOUT COOKIES!!! DEADLY! If ingested in the right order they are powerful truth drugs! ALSO - "we never eat cookies 'cause they contain YEAST and one taste of YEAST turns a man to beast. Can you imagine the horrid disgrace of a man in the gutter with crumbs on his face?"

• And all this time I thought girl scout cookies gave you superpowers.

• Gee, and I just thought Girl Scout cookies just made us fat (but full tummies). Oh, heck with it all. We're here on greenfelt.net; the best place on earth for calorie-free fun. Play on...

• I'm self absorbed. I pay no attention to who else in on.

• Girl Scout cookies?Must have missed that one.Have landed in the gutter a few times when I was young but I don't remember having crumbs on my face.Tiger bay beer.

• PtownpapaPtownpapa REGISTERED
    edited July 2021 24.236.180.220

We never eat fruitcake because it has rum, and one little slice puts a man on the bum. Oh, can you imagine the pitiful plight Of a man eating fruitcake until he gets tight?

More fun than discussing avatars, handles and what ever.

The Song of the Temperance Union

Play on Macduff

• @graeme.....don't see you as much on Klondike lately. Have you jumped ship and moved on to other games? (you know how I like to keep up with my buddies. I see riverrat, who is always in top 10, as are you.) I think homedoggy is off playing other games. I really miss y'all. Maybe I need to try and post another video to see if I can create another formula for viewing pleasure. It's getting close to your tea time. Let me hear from you, I could use a good chuckle or a good belly laugh. Hope you and Chris are doing fine and dandy. Much love.....binky.

• @homedoggy,@riverrat....wanted to send the same warm thoughts and love to you. I think somebody needs to give us a good Elvis live performance. We all need a good pick-me-up. Also it would put a big smile on my face. XOXO....binky

• I must have been absent when we were told how to delete posts. Also, how to edit. Not that I'll be able to do it but could someone please tell me how it's done. Just wanted to come back and let y'all know I consider each of you my friends, and send you all my best.....binky

• Hello binky3.All fine here.Been very busy with one thing and another.....lots of gardening etc.Will be able to spend more time now......weather's too fine to stay in.All the best to my mates homedoggy,riverrat and to all the anonymice.Play on......enjoy.

@binky3, for 4 hrs after your post, you can either edit or delete by clicking on the symbol that looks like a sun at the right of the time and IP address. But remember, you only have 4 hrs for both options.

• Thanks barzonymous, that just might come in handy.

• I am very glad I requested (begged for) the delete option. It is a very good thing to have.

• Hello graeme, binky3, I as well have been doing some gardening with my Nectar plants for my Hummingbirds we have here, Red Cypress, Red Salvia, but sadly bought a bad batch of Purple Salvia, and cleaning out flower beds for mom. Settling down and cooling off , have a pot of Hot Water going for Almond Amaretto Cappuccino in my future plans. Will look into posting that Elvis for you binky and see if any new good rock music to post as well , and kick back for rest of day, Stay Safe,
    P.S. Thanks barzonymous for getting the option for deleting posts , haven't posted much but know it will come soon, lol

• I had a lot of people backing up my request.

Oh @binky3....here's a post I won't delete.

• Lawsey, barzonymous...that was a good one! Thanks. :)

• Thanks barzonymous. You're right @justhere, but just think about it, did he ever do a bad one? He is just soooo uniquely beautiful!!!!! I can watch these myself but it's so much more fun to share with others. @riverrat....try not to overdo working outside in this heat. We don't want a repeat of your health problems as a couple years ago. Stay well.

• That's the comeback special and it really was.

• gmaterregmaterre REGISTERED
    edited July 2021 172.56.41.82

It's true, Elvis never did a bad one. But I like his love songs best. There were so many. Like this one for example:

• Thanks for the Elvis videos.Takes me back a few years.Good start to the day.Good choices barzonymous/gmaterre.He left us too early.Stay safe

• ahhh, me luvs the smell of spray paint in the mornin 🙃

• Col Tom Parker made Elvis very rich. He also destroyed his heart.

• He made himself even richer. And he made terrible decisions for EP.

• foot-tappin' happy

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Attach file
Attach image
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Home General DiscussionComment As ...