I'd like to see my score during the game. Is there a way to do that?

Game: fortythieves
Game #: 45714886

What would you like to see?

Comments

• I'd like to see my score as it accumulates during the game.

• SageSage REGISTERED
    edited November 2019 99.243.171.10

No there isn't. Why would this be necessary?

• Sage, Maybe if you were trying to match or beat the high score. In particular, Scorpion is difficult to score in my head.

• It probably isn't necessary but it might just add to this player's enjoyment of the game. There is no harm in asking. I have always thought that Jim and David have been open to "Feature Requests". They will either consider them or explain why they can't do them.

• SageSage REGISTERED
    edited November 2019 99.243.171.10

No, there's no harm in asking, I was just asking seattlesue why she wanted this. It's far too complicated for me to think about, or check, my score during a game and would take away my concentration, if I'm attempting to complete a game as quickly as possible. I wait until I've finished a game if I'm interested in knowing where I scored, in relation to others' scores. If I don't complete a game, and think it's doable, I play it again. If I complete a game, wherever I am on the score board, I move on to the next game... but that's me.

• barzonymousbarzonymous REGISTERED
    edited November 2019 99.76.46.40

Me too. Agreeing with Sage.

• oh for goodness sake, nothing on this site is "necessary" .. .. .. including snooty attitudes, nor are they appreciated, thank you

• oh for goodness sake, did YOU just say that?

• jimjim REGISTERED, ADMINISTRATORS

Hi @seattlesue,

We have decided not to implement a visible numeric score for the solitaire games. Nonetheless, the sum of the top cards on the foundations is usually a proxy score for most games.

Have fun,
    -Jim

• I suggest a cup of tea with a cream bun.

• Now that sounds good!

• Almond Amaretto Cappuccino for the wind , cold, rain and possible snow later this evening.

• Amaretto cappuccino sounds excellent!. As for the scores, I'm glad it isn't constantly visible while I play. But, especially for scorpion, I do sometimes wish there was a "check score" button that would tell me my current score in a pop-up box without submitting yet, giving me the option to keep trying.

• Yes (on Scorpion), especially when I use undo to try a different scenario, I can never figure out if I've helped or hurt myself!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Attach file
Attach image
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Home Feature RequestsComment As ...