Cheaters/Greenfelt Solitaire

Why are cheaters allowed to play the game? Those top scores in Greenfelt Solitaire draw 3 are ABSOLUTELY RIDICULOUS!!!!!

Comments

• If it's not the cheaters it's the holiday cards - sigh!

• barzonymousbarzonymous REGISTERED
    edited March 2019 99.13.95.92

I'm so bored by these never ending posts about either the holiday card colors or people using everything they have to win a game-which is,you know, not cheating. Can't we just play the game-it's not actually a contest where a trophy or money prize will be rewarded. I consider any time I get a win, it's a win.

BTW-St Patrick's Day is coming-get ready for the card color outrage.

• Totally agree with barzonymous. When did Solitaire become a competative sport?

I just won 2 Klondike 3-turn games in a row. Last one #940585469. I don't usually play 3-turn but just wanted to see what would happen. I promise I'm not a cheater -- my brain can't even handle super-moves. If I finish in the top 10% I'm thrilled.

And I'd love to see holiday cards every day -- always with the option to return to normal cards. Of course, the number of complaints would probably cause the server to explode...

• The Wiley ones figure out how to succeed (win) the losers spend the time whining. My concept of cheating is to break the rules -What are the rules for solitaire?

• The person at the top of the mountain, didn't just get dropped off !!!! (author unknown)

• How funny would it be if holiday cards were the norm and on holidays we got normal cards! >:)

• I would love it...

• The whining will continue ad infinitum.

• I just thought if it was the norm, it might weed out the whiners before it became an issue that everyone has to put up with. They would just hate it and never come back.

• my dad used to say “some people would complain about being hung with a new rope”

• Mine would say "you'd complain if you were hung with a golden rope". Dads had quite the selection of sayings.

• I'm not sure I get the point of those two rope sayings.....I want to go on record as saying I would complain about being hung by any rope regardless of how expensive it is... B^)

• Anybody wanna go snipe hunting?

• The expression refers to complaining about the rope, not being hanged. A rope used for hanging has to be prepped by boiling and stretching to remove any springiness.

• Interesting observations.

• cheaterssolitaire.com

• Heaven forbid that it might be springy

• To waste time on accusing others of cheating is as my father used to say "you were hoist by your own petard".

The only real cheating in cards is with POKER. The most famous poem is by Brett Hart (1870): http://etext.virginia.edu/railton/roughingit/map/chiharte.html
    (It was actually written as a parody against racial discrimination.)

I CHEATED to write a plagiarised version of the poem with the top 10 fastest scores of SHT. It was an April Fool's joke when the card colors changed.
    https://blog.greenfelt.net/2012/04/02/april-fools-pranks/

Happy cheating everyone, Kingfisher (alias Anonymus)

• Love how these topics evolve
    "Give em enough rope and they'll hang themselves" - How much do I order?

• Thanks kingfisher on the blog post feed and poem very amusing and Trinny no charge on order.

• the point is, u got a noose around ur neck and ur STILL complaining .. .. .. LOL .. .. .. ur last words, a complaint! get a life, oopsy, too late ROFLMAO

• cheaters solitaire song

• SageSage REGISTERED
    edited March 2019 99.243.174.33

I would love to go snipe hunting, Gerald. ;) I hope there's time for lunch, as well. This is a fascinating conversation, everyone. Thank you...

• Good to hear from you Sage, thanks for the message, yeah! will go out for lunch , Take Care my friend.

• almost forgot you bring the stick and burlap bags and will go out for happy meal , bout all I can afford.

• Hi Gerald,

How is your health now?

• I am living with returned lung cancer now. Anyone who prays, please say one for me. o:)

Thanks.

• Hello xnewyorker, am doing much better than I was 9 months ago from my heart surgery in June of last year, it has been a trying time not just for me alone, and family, and to several members of this great site was their for me in my time of need still have a ways to go but that will come with time, will think of you now in your time of need in your recovery , I hope and pray you get better, am grateful that you are back here on your forum , as mentioned to you and others I am here to only have fun , cause this game site and many players on here have been my life line at times of need. and truly grateful for that , thou have to realize there are many players that within last year have developed methods to achieve low times and better scores, cause some on site are more technically advanced in computer skills in the many games available on this site that was freely given to us by Jim and David and many players are grateful to them. regardless of what games I play I don't focus on scores, times, etc. I am here just to have fun , I try not to complain thou not always without my faults, that is why you see my posts on all forums is me just having fun thou again sometimes I go to far , and make bad choices and have to apologize to them , I am human I make make mistakes, am not perfect. I have learned to play newer games just to broaden my skills and have a better time to escape everyday life cause these last months has not been easy for me, if I finish 1358th in Free Cell am happy. I put my best effort in having fun, I am not good at competing with other players and don't play for record times or top 10 scores. sorry for changing your forum to having fun it is a character defect of mine, no offense I don't call people cheaters they are just as said more computer savvy and technically advanced and have developed skills. I don't know if I said anything to help you or anyone else, may have not said anything that means anything, nothing against you , and hope you get well in your time of need and will pray for you . Take Care,

• In conclusion.... am grateful you messaged me to reach out , I don't know which games you play , might look at forums were DeusExMachina and few others have posted videos on shortcuts to obtaining higher scores such as This game is a bear or message him see if he might help you or send a video to you, you reached out to me , we are here to help in anyway we can , I realize you are going through medical issues and we all hope you get well, in your time of need, again Take care get well my friend.

• shillelagh's , 4 leaf clovers, leprechauns , pots of gold under rainbow for St. Patrick's day cards,

• Hello xnewyorker,i'm sorry to hear about the return of your cancer.You will certainly be in my thoughts and prayers.Being myself a recipient of the big 'C'[three at the last count],one of which returned last year,I know how worrying it can be.I've had surgery,chemotherapy,radiotherapy and emunotherapy,everything bar the kitchen sink.My own philosophy is to live with it and carry on with my life,.F. supported by Chris who herself has suffered from it.Faith has also been a big influence in my life.Power of prayer,you can't go wrong.Although there are many thousands of miles between us you will remain in my thoughts.Don't let the big 'C' beat you.It won't beat me.I'll continue to play on.Cheers!

• Thanks graeme!

• Hi Gerald,

WOW! What a wonderful message! Made my day. Thank you for your message and prayers. Will keep you posted. Hope you didn't mind my posting to you, you are the first person I spoke to when I joined Green felt Solitaire.

So glad you are recovering nicely - continue to do so. Heart surgery is not for wimps!

Stay well, stay safe.

• To xnewyorker. My thoughts and prayers for you are winging their way up at this moment and I know that many who read of your illness are sending theirs as well.

• G64. Don't be so hard on yourself. I think your 'character defect' is that of a somewhat mischievous teddy bear full of joy and laughter with an extra seasoning of fun and a heart filled with compassion. You bring smiles to many of us.

• Open message to all of you.
    I wanted to offer my prayers and best wishes for all of you. I am also a Big C survivor and just entered remission for the 6th time. Have other issues but they are being taken care of. It really takes a strong mind, and not letting the C take over your life. Its a hard battle, but with the progress that has been made in the cure it has helped. We are all in it and can continue to support each other. As well as those with Heart problems and other diseases. With the great group that are on this site, we can all tend to each other in our support and greetings. So we can all continue to enjoy playing these games and help each other when one of the games gives us problems . Thanks to all of you for your input and support. and don't give up, as we are strong and not weaken by negative thoughts. Bless you all and May you be well taken care of. Now, go play your favorite game and enjoy it with a smile, because you all have many friends here playing games too.

• Thanks for the heartfelt messages Rev, good to hear from you again, take care my friend, as well as littonana's message , Take Care both of you.

• I like how this site is about a lot more than games.

• Hello Gerald,Rev,Littonana et al.This is becoming a fellowship as well as a forum and long may it last.Nobody should feel isolated or alone.Speak out and we'll be there for you..........and now for a nice cup of tea.

• I have played Greenfelt Freecell for years starting from Number 1 and consecutively. A fellow player named "rics0713" does the same, and came 1st in the scores for the games more often than I came first. . I overtook him a month or more since and am now about 120 gamers ahead so I never see his scores after my games, and "Ric" I miss you very much! I often felt I would be so pleased to swap notes with you about Freecell. Now you are playing games later than I do, you'll see my name on all the game scores. "Burnleygirl". ( If you answer, tell me the number of the game you just did, so I know it's you. Best regards)

• I used to complain about the cheating as well but I believe Sage told me it's practice practice practice. She was absolutely correct! Now I have much better times, much better.

• I wish others would listen to Sage,they may understand these games much better.I'm off for another cup of tea.

• @Burnleygirl ...you can message @rics0713 directly from your home page. Now wether he sees tje notification or not is anyone's guess. And if you place a @ before their name like I have done here...they'll get notified also.
    Good luck.

• thanks for info on the @ before name, have to remember that if ever need , thanks homedoggy take care my friend,

• Are we using hieroglyphics now?

• @xnewyorker ...prayers
    @graeme ,.,.,.#%&!

• we're going back to the stone age were cavemen wrote on walls.

• Hello Gerald.It would be a lot easier for me if we did.Wet and windy here.Hope you are warm and dry.Look after yourself and keep well.

• Rain has finally ended here still partly cloudy , and in lower 60's it still gusting winds here , am better as each day goes on now hopefully if weather breaks for good can get in some walking each day or so for a hour or so just to take it easy in neighborhood, hope the wife and Treacle are well and that Treacle is making an effort to stay out of some trouble, thanks for message and big hellos to everyone dearest to you and belly rubs to Treacle,

• Best love and best wishes to you all. "Keep strong," as my little sister said just before she died a year and a half ago of multiple melanoma. I lit a candle, not in a church, but in my sunroom, where I play, hoping it will waft my prayers up to you.
    Every new day is good, rugby @graeme), Black Hawks hockey (@gerald64), and soon comes Cubs baseball (@homedoggy), my favorite. Rain and even sleet here, soon tulips will come up. Walking, great idea now that winter is over. XXOO

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Attach file
Attach image
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Home General DiscussionComment As ...