The back side of my cards changes every time I play a game. I want the

Game: scorpion
Game #: 777185281
Browser: Mozilla/5.0 (iPad; CPU OS 12_3_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/605.1.15 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/12.1.1 Mobile/15E148 Safari/604.1
JS-Version: 2019-04-07_15:46:35_-0700_fd8dc0008ec81e4e5b7ec0e262803a256e5df53b

Please describe the problem in as much detail as possible:

Comments

• One day, the back sides of the cards changed. I have been trying to change them back to the side I want with no success. Why can I not do this? How do I do this?

• This happens to me as well. In forty thieves they change throughout the deal. Not sure why.

• jimjim REGISTERED, ADMINISTRATORS

Click the Deck menu in the upper left and check all the designs you like.

• OldDudeInKyotoFuOldDudeInKyotoFu REGISTERED
    edited June 2019 139.101.58.7

@lasso: It's because 40T uses two decks of 52 cards each. There are 52 cards with one design and 52 with a different design. I noticed this for the first time a couple of weeks ago (not the most observant fellow, as you might have inferred) and it puzzled me for a while because none of the other versions I had played bothered with this detail. If you were Rain Man or Sheldon Cooper you could keep track of which cards had been played from each deck and (perhaps) improve your score.

• Well,well,I never noticed.

• That makes a lot of sense. Thanks! Only happens when i use firefox.

• jimjim REGISTERED, ADMINISTRATORS

@lasso, the settings are per browser (via cookies), so you likely only have a single back checked in Firefox.

• I had the same card back for years. All of a sudden, it has changed and continues to change no matter what I do. I want my old, favorite card back again. Please tell me how to get it (in detail because I am a senior dummy).

• While you are playing a game click on the word 'Deck' in the upper left. Then click the tiny box next to your favorites.

• Hey, fitz49, let's not propagate the stereotype that older people don't understand technology :) ! I'm now 70 YO, but I started working with computers in 1970 after coming home from Vietnam. There were no video displays - we wrote programs using pencils and paper, then used huge noisy card punch machines to put them into machine-readable form. The IBM mainframe that my university had purchased at huge expense would print its output on 'green bar' paper and we would spend hours combing through it to locate bugs - rinse and repeat! I worked as a software developer for Oracle Corporation for many years, and few things gave me greater pleasure than (figuratively) slapping the smug grins off the faces of Millennials by demonstrating my comprehensive (and hard-won) knowledge of all things digital. Remember that age is not a barrier to learning and that your attitude is by far the most important factor. It's just like a muscle - exercise it and keep it strong.

• @fitz49 ...You probably had your selections made and then somebody cleared your cookies so your selections have to be chosen again. May I suggest the colored toes. They have the most luck.

• Coloured toes?Cookies?Am I missing something?

• @graeme .. Hi there.. the Colored Toes homedoggy is referring to are on the back of the cards I think?. and cookies are files that are on your computer that are saved or in folders... How Traecle (sp?)...

• What's that smell oh! yah! are talking about toes.

• @graeme ..Correction: The design on the back of the cards that has colored toes....

• Hello goodtime2 and Gerald thank you for the explanation.I still think pen and ink are better.When it comes down to technology,I leave that to Chris.She's the expert.In my case I'm just not bothered as long as I can play solitaire and respond to my fellow solitarians.Treacle is fine and fully grown now.Happy.bouncy,still up to no good,turning into a good companion.Thanks for asking.And now for Klodike.

• You didn't know there was a new game called Klodike did you.Not even Jim and david know this.May need to lie down for a while.

• @graeme ...;the Yankees are playing the Red Sox in London today if you need a distraction.

• Wow...not a pitching duel.

• The Yankees have more hits in London than the Beatles.

• @homedoggy Hi there homedoggy, I also watched the game and didn't mind losing sleep to watch it... don't know who you are rooting for, but since I love baseball, I watch all games... How is Grayson doing? I do hope he is accepting the treatments well and making progress. my best to Grayson & Annette.. and hope you are keeping yourself well ...

• Hello homedoggy and goodtime2.I didn't see the game last night.I was busy colouring my toes and frying up some cookies.Love to you and Annette and you'r courageous son Grayson.Always in our thoughts.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Attach file
Attach image
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Home Feature RequestsComment As ...