Impeach Trumpsky This bugs me. Your website is no place to further political views.

Game: klondike3
Game #: 848410726
Browser: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/73.0.3683.103 Safari/537.36
JS-Version: 2019-04-07_15:46:35_-0700_fd8dc0008ec81e4e5b7ec0e262803a256e5df53b

Please describe the problem in as much detail as possible:

The gamer Impeach Trumpsky, must this political view be allowed to be on your otherwise peaceful site?

Comments

• Asked and answered. more than once....
    e.g.: https://forum.greenfelt.net/discussion/8487/politics

Curious whether you feel the same about the many pro-trump handles “trump2020,” trump is GOAT,” “Pray4Trump,” “TrumpGodschoice,” etc., etc., etc.

• How about this idea: why don't all of you Americans stop talking about Trump and your politics constantly. The rest of the world is over you.

• Deep breath... be the duck...

• Gee, so nice of you to stop by, @drimall, and counsel all of us Americans on acceptable topics of discourse. And bonus points for the sweeping generalization: “all of you Americans _stop talking about Trump and your politics _constantly.”
    We must be dropping in on different threads, ‘cuz I can think of only three discussions in the past year that were remotely political in nature, plus maybe a dozen or two usernames with a political bent (who effectively keep their politics to themselves by staying out of the top ten).

• With all due respect to all , I normally ignore usernames it uses bad language due to a lot of players on this site may be children but that is another issue, I choose not to discuss political views on this site, I am here to play games , have fun, and chat with few friends, from time to time, most names don't bother regardless of good or bad this is not a format to bash regardless of where people from other countries of the world, daydreamer if you find the name offensive you may need to bring this to the attention to David or Jim the founder of this site and let them decide they are the creators of this site, and monitor when can , since they I believe have full time jobs, and have run this site for a long time it is their decision to make, Why not have fun , play games , enjoy yourself..

• We have enough problems this side of the pond with Brexit.The beauty of this site is that we can all,for a period of time,relax,play and divorce ourselves from all that nonsense and let the world get on without us for a short,but very enjoyable period of tlme.Leave politics out of this Forum,it causes nothing but aggravation and achieves nothing but animosity.One of the pleasures of this site is it's good humour amongst the players.There's no humour in politics.

• Okay, okay ...Vladimir Putin, Theresa May and Donald Trump get on a plane...stop me if you've heard it.

• For Homedoggy, et al ....... 'and the pilot is Kim Jong-Un' ... sorry, I just couldn't resist it ... and no ... I have not heard it.

• Genghis Khan, couldn't resist either , hearing loud and clear.

• daviddavid REGISTERED, ADMINISTRATORS

Our general policy is to remove swearing and not political usernames. I personally think the political usernames are weak (I find it puzzling when people are so wrapped up in politics that they choose for their identity to be either in support or opposing a particular person).

The current president is particularly divisive:

• Number of usernames on the site with "Obama" in the name: 15
    • Number of usernames on the site with "Trump" in the name: 564.

There are a number of usernames with the letters "Bush" in them, but zero of them seem to be referencing the former president (and Green Felt started in 2005, the Bush years).

• Thanks David for the research on political names. very interesting.

• Impeaching Rumps on Green Felt is not a pretty picture. In the immortal words of one of the above correspondents, play on!

• Choose Love and Acceptance. That is all most humans really want in this life. And some decent food and shelter. My father, Rolf, was a German soldier during World War II from the ages of 15-17. Yes, 15-17, 1943-1945. He saw and was forced to participate in the worst human behavior by his own countrymen as a very young man, and when given the chance of coming to this country after being a POW of the Americans, he was incredibly thankful. Because he had wtinessed the horrific effects of the politics of fascism on a people and their country. The American Ideal of "all men are created equal" is just that - an ideal - and if we do not work at it everyday to be loving and accepting of all Gifts of Life, then we, too, will be lead down that road to the politics of exclusion. By the way, on my mother's side, I go all the way back to the Pilgrim's, who left England because they wanted to worship God in the way they wanted to worship him. They had no idea what they would be facing when they arrived here, and no idea what the consequences of that choice would end up being. Really, all most people want in life is - unconditional love and acceptance, (reminds me of the teaching of that famous son of god) and some decent food and shelter.....My father spent four years in the United States military when he came here. Mr Trump ran from his military service. And he doesn't seem to believe in following laws, which all U.S. citizens are expected to do. That behavior in itself gives me reason not to trust him. Now, back to a little problem solving, and GIVING LOVE.

• A few years ago I paid a visit to France.Visited one of the American cemeteries.Row after row of white crosses,the last resting place of young men from all over the states,who,thousands of miles from home,gave their lives for the very concepts of democracy that we now enjoy.That late,warm afternoon,I felt an overwhelming sadness over the sacrifice and loss.It's a debt that can never be repaid.Just a thought.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Attach file
Attach image
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Home Bug ReportsComment As ...