Complaints

terregmaterregma REGISTERED

Is it just me, or do people complain an awful lot on this site? It's free folks! Jim and David offer great fun at no cost to us. I agree that it's our duty to let them know if something is wrong (bugs), but QUIT COMPLAINING.
I ask many questions, but I've always been grateful for what they've given us. Shouldn't you?

Comments

• I agree wit @terregma

• 5 ways to deal with an entitled person
    Use wish fulfillment to set limits. ...
    Treat everyone equally. ...
    Feel a little compassion for them. ...
    Be inclusive, even of entitled people. ...
    Remember there's only so much you can do.

• Yes a lot of complaining...there are the complainers and then there are the people complaining about the complainers.

I think that some lessons can be learned from Jim and David. Despite all of the complaints they always seem to respond in a respectful manner...never making anyone feel unwelcome here nor treating anyone disrespectfully.

• @terregma There’s certainly some complaining, but beyond that I think there are people who don’t express themselves well, some who don’t know how the forums work, don’t know how their comments are perceived, who post when they’re frustrated, and some who don’t really understand how the games work.

I think @madamclerk said it well. Be compassionate.

• @Arborist I agree that we need to be compassionate. I was just hoping that more folks might realize that this is a gift and react in a kinder fashion.
    @madamclerk, your wise insight is true and to the point, especially in this "its all about me" world."

• daviddavid REGISTERED, ADMINISTRATORS

Jim and I find the feedback useful—that's why we've tried to make the "report a bug" and "request a feature" links prominent, even though they clutter up the site. Without feedback we're just releasing things into the void without knowing if we're making things better or worse. We don't take complaints personally because they generally aren't intended to be taken personally—even the aggressive ones are just people being frustrated and taking that frustration out on a web form (often without reading it closely enough to notice their comments will be public).

That said, we're still human and I (speaking only for myself) definitely find myself rolling my eyes or sighing out loud to particularly annoying messages (and conversely, people saying they like stuff makes me feel good)—but I take extra care to always respond politely, as Jim and I set the tone here and I personally find hostile web forums to be no fun, and something I generally avoid.

• Thank you @david and @jim for setting the tone perfectly. I really enjoy visiting this site not only for the games but also for the forum and the banter.
    Cheers.

• I'm here for the music videos... And the occasional recipes. Oh and the cards.

• You're here for the cards barzonymous? Never realized that. I truly thought it was only for the music videos. You share some great ones.

• I'm just here.

• Very zen @graeme 😎

• Hello fingsaint.I thought I'd keep it simple.Do like the zen bit.........who is he?

• Yes!Quiet meditation and mental tranquillity.Perhaps even enlightenment.No hope for me then.Never mind play on!

• {
    "ns": "yt",
    "el": "detailpage",
    "cpn": "B7NhQfCoFsCxbLRt",
    "docid": "PU0kuKPDMkc",
    "ver": 2,
    "referrer": "https://www.google.com/",
    "cmt": "8.889",
    "ei": "xmh3YLeIApmU2_gP7YaLyAs",
    "fmt": "244",
    "fs": "0",
    "rt": "312.715",
    "of": "8ycjwZfTnPBQTyhBbpMNWg",
    "euri": "",
    "lact": 1,
    "cl": "368098471",
    "mos": 0,
    "state": "8",
    "vm": "CAMQARgBKiAwdkUxUVZoUUY5M0NfYURuSzlRbzUwX053b3Y2WFg2OToyQU9HdF9PTG9MWDZWZjhweDdfekdEUnRFQzVFWWZ3Y215NkE3MUJSLVJZMV9NcXRjMkE",
    "volume": 100,
    "cbrand": "google",
    "cbr": "Chrome",
    "cbrver": "75.0.3770.144",
    "c": "WEB",
    "cver": "2.20210413.07.00",
    "cplayer": "UNIPLAYER",
    "cmodel": "chromebook",
    "cos": "CrOS",
    "cosver": "12105.100.0",
    "cplatform": "DESKTOP",
    "hl": "en_US",
    "cr": "US",
    "len": "156.841",
    "fexp": "23890959,23940237,23969934,23983296,24001373,24006795,24007246,24012117,24014440,24017848,24021967,24024963",
    "afmt": "251",
    "conn": "3",
    "vct": "8.889",
    "vd": "156.841",
    "vpl": "0.000-134.426",
    "vbu": "0.000-156.841",
    "vpa": "0",
    "vsk": "0",
    "ven": "0",
    "vpr": "1",
    "vrs": "4",
    "vns": "2",
    "vec": "null",
    "vemsg": "",
    "vvol": "0.9197062334664071",
    "vdom": "1",
    "vsrc": "1",
    "vw": "853",
    "vh": "480",
    "droppedVideoFrames": 28,
    "totalVideoFrames": 7618,
    "lct": "8.735",
    "lsk": false,
    "lmf": false,
    "lbw": "970338.490",
    "lhd": "0.060",
    "lst": "234.657",
    "laa": "itag_251_type_3_seg_15_range_2308880-2406674_time_150.0-156.8_off_0_len_97795_end_1_eos_1",
    "lva": "itag_244_type_3_seg_29_range_6435856-6581939_time_152.9-156.8_off_0_len_146084_end_1_eos_1",
    "lar": "itag_251_type_3_seg_15_range_2308880-2406674_time_150.0-156.8_off_0_len_97795_end_1_eos_1",
    "lvr": "itag_244_type_3_seg_29_range_6435856-6581939_time_152.9-156.8_off_0_len_146084_end_1_eos_1",
    "laq": "0",
    "lvq": "0",
    "lab": "0.000-156.841",
    "lvb": "0.000-156.823",
    "ismb": 9670000,
    "relative_loudness": "0.727",
    "optimal_format": "480p",
    "user_qual": "auto",
    "debug_videoId": "PU0kuKPDMkc",
    "0sz": false,
    "op": "",
    "yof": false,
    "dis": "",
    "gpu": "Mali-T604",
    "cgr": true,
    "debug_playbackQuality": "large",
    "debug_date": "Wed Apr 14 2021 17:17:31 GMT-0500 (Central Daylight Time)"

Boy, when I mess up I REALLY mess up. I was trying to post a music video earlier today and I just now noticed it did this. It showed up when I was practicing but thought I deleted it. I am so sorry. If someone could get rid of this mess it would be so appreciated. Sorry @barzonymous, thought I had it but I'll keep trying. I am soooo humiliated but I'm sure i'll get over it.

• graeme, this should get your blood flowing. Who needs to meditate?

• Hello binky3.What a pity.I thought it may have been a secret code for winning games.Never mind.Plod on!

• I clarified something that was unclear...@binky3....so, that was my fault. I think the clarification will help.

• Cheese and crackers. bink.
    You trying to hack the site.

• graeme and homedoggy....if y'all can find any kind of code or hack in that beautiful piece of art,
    please pass it on back to me. @barzonymous, it might be a while before I try to share Elvis again.....but some day. I can just hear y'all laughing!!!

• @binky3 , no no, keep a positive attitude ... if there's any laughing, it's with you. Man, I thought you were coding up a storm and was mighty impressed.

• I thought maybe you'd found the cure for Covid-19 binky3. Keep at it, what ever it was. I have faith that you'll get it right soon (and if it is a cure, for anything, thank you)

• Honestly @terregma, was just trying to post a video but just didn't follow @barzonymous instructions very well. Have no idea what key I tapped but it only took 1 time. It does sort of look like some kind of chemistry formula.

• Hello binky3.Tap what ever keys you like.It's all playful banter.Now that you mentioned the King.How about "Suspicious Minds"?Keep safe.

• How about another video?

• Its just great fun, we have to ignore the narcissists.....

• Suspicious Minds -Elvis Presley

• Thank-you my friend.Just the thing before tea.......apple pie.Binky3,can we have another formula please?The last one you gave us was quite......mindblowing.Keep safe everyone.

• @riverrat....I was afraid you had divorced us again. So good to hear from you and WOW!!! you really know what gets my blood flowing and toes tapping. Thank you so much for that video. That's exactly the way he performed all his songs in concert.

To all my other Green Felt friends.....I know you're just having a little fun with my BIG oops. I just wish I knew how to make it go away. I'm not offended at all. Since I can't post a music video I'll just make up my own entertainment. Just another head scratching puzzle.

• terregmaterregma REGISTERED
    edited April 2021 172.56.40.82

Suspicious Minds is one of my favorite Elvis songs. I also like Suspicion. Both the Elivis version, and the Terry Stafford version. Have you folks heard Terry Stafford's? Many people think it is Elvis. Thank you for posting Suspicious Minds riverrat55.

• Hello binky3.I can't post a video either but there are so many good people on this site who do just that.Enjoy you'r game.

• binky3 enjoyed the laugh on your post of attempted video , keep trying , as you know am not good at explaining things on how to video as made an effort and not good with computer tech know how , had to get someone to explain many times , may I suggest you may ask @homedoggy , to help you out , he might tell you I was the worst student , after many blunders I was able to get it down thou once in blue moon I goof up. And to terregma you are welcome for video of Elvis , graeme , binky3 sorry haven't been around as my mom has been sick and in hospital so first few days of normalcy for me , Stay Safe , take Care my friends.

• riverrat, so glad to hear from you. Sorry to hear about your mom, hope it's nothing serious and she's recovering. How have you been doing? homedoggy, as well as you have tried to teach me on posting videos, to no avail. barzonymous gave 3 step instructions which were excellent and thought I had it. I'll go over them one day and try again (when this incident dies down and I get over the humiliation).

• binky3, a very entertaining post. I doubt that any of us could do that. I hesitate to post a video. Instructions have gotten lost in the sawdust.
    riverrat55, sorry to hear that your mom has been sick. I hope she's on the mend.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Attach file
Attach image
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Home General DiscussionComment As ...