What's Your Poison (Favorite Game)

I've never seen this question asked before so for all you old timers, forgive me for repeating something if it's been discussed.
My favorite game is 40Thieves.

Comments

• Mine too. Although Scorpion comes in a close second. Hopeless is third

• Golf Wrap Around & Klondike , and throw in some 40 thieves with the other 2 Golf, and Golf Hide The Kings

• Right now Yukon for me, but it rotates around.

• Spider used to be, but now it is Alternation

• Yukon, definitely; then scorpion. Still trying to get the hang of flower garden. :-)

• Always been Klondike for me but over the last few months I've gained an interest in both 40 thieves and Alternation.One day I hope to try some of the others.Plenty of variety on this site thanks to Jim and David.

• Ever since i heard that every game of Free Cell is winnable I've played that. It's not exactly true though since there's at least one game that is apparently unsolvable (brought to my attention by the people on this forum), but I guess 99.9% can be won, and by golly I'm determined to win them.

• 3 favourites for me 1. FreeCell 2. Klondike and 3. Alternation - one of the 'Secret Games' which can be found under FAQ #13. Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend. Stay safe.

• I want to give my personal thanks to those of you who mentioned Alternation, and to Rev for showing us how to find it. It is fun. I won't even say I just spent 10 minutes of my life playing it!
    Rev, it sounds like a crazy, out of the blue question if you're not, but are you a kite flier? A Rev is a 4 line controllable kite. The explanation for all non-kite fliers.

• Might be a Reverend

• I probably like Addiction most, and Hopeless second.

• Jabba, that's what I thought, but I figured I could ask.

• Jabba, I know you're a 40 Thieves player. Your name is always on the leader board.

• Jezzbelle thankyou for your question. I have never heard of a rev kite which should tell you that I do not fly them. However ... I live on the shoreline of southern Vancouver Island and have enjoyed many days watching kite flyers from my window. As the straits are right outside my door there is quite a bit wind out of the south east. It is a wonderful to see in the park the more proficient flyers, the recreational ones and the children who with guidance from mom and/or dad try so hard get their kites in the air. The only experience I have had with kites is when many years ago my dad taught me how to build a kite out of string, newspaper and balsa wood. Happy memories indeed.

• Jezzbelle, I play the lot and then some depending on time available to do so. I just love puzzles

• Rev, if you are able, go out and talk to the kite fliers -- proficient, recreation, and family. They are usually a friendly group! I was pretty sure you did not live in the US when you wrote 'favourite'.

• I bounce around, usually games with a low winning percentage...currently Addiction.

• I really adore Spider because it has the longest per game play time of the lot. There is a good deal of learned strategy too which isn't apparent when when you are first starting out on it. A simple advice for a starter on Spider is to play many games just to get the hang of how cards can move. Spider is a 4 suit version that will frustrate at first, but rewards with being a game that can be mastered over time rather than a game that is over in seconds. You'll note that less people tackle Spider than the other games. There are people who play to win in the fewest moves (shout out to Rexie and JJJameson) but winning for time is the goal. Addiction seems to be a favorite here and I totally agree again because it's not over in seconds. I assume Jezzbelle is the cat? how cute!

• No. The cat is Brady. Three guesses why he's named that, and the first two don't count.

• jezzbelle comes from an old computer game, Jezzball. The site kept track of game scores and my family all played. That was my name.

• Very clever user name and origin. That's the first cat Brady I've heard, but there's going to be a lot of Brady's in elementary school, if not already. Good name and good athlete. As for user name, I really miss not being able to do what mine references, be on the open sea and stop at other countries, :'( Some day life may return and in the meantime, there's Greenfelt!

• Thank goodness for Greenfelt. And the discussions.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Attach file
Attach image
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Home General DiscussionComment As ...