Add current score and number of moves

Game: freecell
Game #: 1982220143

What would you like to see?

Please add the current score and number of moves to the display so one can see how well (or poorly) they are doing.

Comments

• SageSage REGISTERED
    edited March 2020 99.243.171.10

A box should pop up, when you finish a game, or click the High Scores button, that will tell you this. If you wish your score to be ranked by moves, instead of time, click Moves, at the top of that column, on that pop up box.

• Yes, but this should be a live display, with a move counter going up every time you make a move and going down every time you hit Undo.

• I believe an undo would actually be another move since you took the action in the course of the game.

• Please no. lol

• I thought "undo" would add to moves, but was told that the Green Felt Guys are merciful and it actually subtracts. (If it were me I would add, but that's because I'm secretly a strict tight-assed schoolmarm. Better that it's not me.)

• maybe they can grade on a curve.

• And by how many games you've played today and whether or not you've had an afternoon nap...

• (subtract or add on undo)
    Well, actually, that's one reason to have the counter: to see how this game counts moves in real time.
    I have a Klondike on my phone that lets you run around the deck forever without counting a move until you move something in the ranks or pull a card down. This one apparently does not behave that way!! ;-)

• Who cares.Just enjoy.

• Happy Easter all! All you bunnies having you'r Easter eggs?

• Well, scotchwhiskey and wombler clearly care B^) I think it would be a nice feature and just might add to some player's enjoyment of the games - something that you, graeme, would seem to want based on your comments. B^)

• Hello dbwoemer.I believe Sage answered the question.I'm all for enjoying the game and Jim and David have made that possible already.Perhaps you should await their reply.Personally I wouldn't want a counter of any sort displayed.I need to concentrate on actually playing the game,and that can be difficult at the best of times without any distractions.Take care.Keep safe.Dare I wish everyone a happy Easter during these tragic times?It's the celebration of the resurrection of Jesus.If you believe,then it gives you hope in these troubled times.I wish you well.

• @dbwoerner, yes I agree with you that @scotchwhiskey and @wombler do care and are making valid requests. Often players’ expectations may be too onerous for @jim and @david to execute in the short term but I get the impression that they (j&d) are always interested in what players would like to enhance their playing experience.

• (fingsaint) I certainly don't expect j&d to jump every time a good idea pops up - some things are way harder than others to implement. Everything they do to improve the site is a bonus that no one should ever expect of them. They have already provided the best solitaire site by far - and for free no less!
    (graeme) I was just pointing out that it was a valid request and whether or not you meant it, it sounded to my ears that you were dismissing the request out of hand. Sorry if I offended in any way...it was not my intention.

• Hello dbwoemer.My apologies to you and scotchwhiskey.Ive just looked at my previous reply to you and it sounds very trite.I should have phrased it better.You were quite right in the first instance it was a valid request.You have not offended me and I hope I have not offended you.The last thing I want is to put you off playing these games.I don't play freecell so I may be out of line in my comments.I hope this sets you'r mind at rest.I'm off to brush up on my manners now.Enjoy you'r game.Thanks for putting me straight.

• No, I certainly wasn't offended, just making a point (perhaps my use of dinosaur emojis fall flat with modern posters B^)....there I go again!

Actually, I don't get the attraction of Freecell myself. To me the fun of these games is finding a solution to those games that seem impossible, but in fact are almost always solvable (what I call Puzzle Solitaire games). That's why I start with Flower Garden (which I only discovered a few years ago), then go to Calculation (my favorite as a kid when you needed a deck of cards),then my sentimental favorite Seahaven Towers that I played on an SGI workstation back in the late 80s when I should have been coding). Lastly, my guilty pleasure since it doesn't fit my definition of a good Puzzle Solitaire game but somehow amuses me (and is the main game I would use the move count feature if it existed since the game is mostly unsolvable) - Scorpion.

And I have to give an honorable mention to the granddaddy of all puzzle solitaire games - Spider (which I won't tackle unless I have most of an hour to kill!)

Thanks for listening, and thanks to Jim & Dave for the best site ever!
    Dave

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Attach file
Attach image
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Home Feature RequestsComment As ...