Wales / France

Then Japan or South Africa Hobsons choice

Comments

• Wales/France will be 3:15 in the a.m. local time. I'll have to get a nap in.
    @graeme ...put 10 quid on Wales for me.

• Go Wales ! Hello , graeme , will be monitoring score , Go ! Wales hello homedoggy!

• Hello homedoggy/riverrat55.Will be watching tomorrow a.m.France very good/very bad.Much depends on the day.If we beat France then Japan/South Africa.Japan playing top quality rugby.England to play New Zealand.Not an easy one.New Zealand favourites,but game wide open at the moment.Will be watching with bated breath tomorrow.Bet on Wales looks good.Have some nice Italian wine should we win,if not,I'll be wearing my sackcloth and ashes and berating myself with a feather duster while reciting an old celtic cant.All the best to you'r families especially Grayson.Now for some solitaire.Play on!

• Congratulations to Wales. A wonderful win over France

• Hello 3.14159.Thanks.Very close.In fact I was about to don my sackcloth and ashes and repair to the nearest Welsh Seminary for the forsaken when we scored in the last minutes.The bottle of Italian wine now beckons although I had some last night in anticipation of a win.South Africa next.Won't be easy.

• Well one of us will celebrate
    That's my home country 🙂

• Best of luck.Won't see it myself.Away for the week-end.

• Congradulations on win graeme, while your away am pretty sure one of us will update you on score , enjoy your weekend my friend , and safe trip and return to you and family.

• Hello riverrat55,thanks.Going to sunny Cornwall for the week-end.Will record the game but I think the odds are with 3.14159 celebrating,we'll see.Just hope it will be a good game.My regards to you'r mam,hope she's keeping well.Keep in touch my friend.

• They actually showed Rugby World Cup today. What a sport. Makes U.S.football look like kids are playing. England Wales final would be great.

• If not mistaken Wales play tomorrow , as watched some of England game while ago. Hope graeme is enjoying his vacation, and watching games , as seen some photos he mentioned in sunny Cornwall coast nice scenery of coast. Go Wales! Hello homedoggy hope all is well with you and family , here just raining and windy for last 2 days, Take Care.

• graeme, Wales gave it a good go here this morning as watched most of match , a few minor injuries , and as announcers stated a few penalties wasn't called in first half, as you know in most contact sports like rugby or our version of football , or hockey injuries do occur , Wales may have lost the game butt played a good game just didn't get any good breaks in game. I enjoyed the game one of first have followed more than any other matches have watched. Hope you had a nice trip to Cornwall as looked at some scenic photos and they were beautiful. Hope all is well and you'll be home and back with us soon. Take Care my friend.

• Friday the AB's and the Dragons meet for some of the marbles. It's been an exciting World cup.
    Graeme, no need for sackcloth and ashes - pints in a rowdy pub are better. I will slip off my black habit and
    become a simple nonaligned rugby fan. My tears will salt my ale. Be well

• There was nothing between the sides. Wales could have taken it. They certainly deserved to.

• Hello everyone.Just back from sunny Cornwall.......it rained for two days.It may have been the good Lord crying over Wales loss.Congratulations 3.14159.You are quite right.Could have gone either way but we tried to play South Africa's game instead of running with the ball....and paid the price.Will watch the game Saturday but I think England may be too strong....we'll see.If South Africa win,I will support you with a bottle of wine.Cheers!

• Hello Ptownpapa.Enjoy you'r ale.No sackcloth and ashes.What's done is done.Had a few ales myself in Cornwall while cowering from the elements.Quite enjoyable.I like the black habit bit........are you an unreconstructed monk with a penchant for real ale?I would recommend Brains S.A commonly known as skull attack,if you can get it.Take care,thanks for you'r contribution.

• Riverrat55.Just got back.Nice break.Looking forward to the match on Saturday.Chris took a few photo's of me in the rain.Not a nice sight.Chris looks better.Nice to be back.Do miss the fellowship this site engenders thanks to David and Jim.I'd be quite lost without it.Hope everything is fine with you'r mam and she's making good progress as Ihope you are.Now for some solitaire.Play on!

• Nearly forgot.Hello homedoggy.It's a tough game,pity Wales lost but that's the way it goes.If you can get it,watch England against South Africa on Saturday,may be the early hours for you.9.15am this side of the pond.It should be a very tough game.Worth watching.Hope Grayson is making good progress,now I'm really going to play.Sorry David and Jim for taking up so much time for rugby on you'r site.Last match Saturday then I'll go back to sleep.

• Need not to have bothered.16th in the Klondike Game of the Day.That'll teach me to go off on an enjoyable break.Never mind.Always tomorrow.

• To Graeme et al. You know, I've never watched soccer. I once went to a rugby game in high school. It was utter pouring down with rain. My school won that game and went on to win Provicial title. I'm not one to watch contact sports, tho perhaps once a year watch the Canadian League Football (CFL) finals. Thinking further the only contact 'sport', if you will, that I utterly enjoy is Greenfelt's 'electronic blog contact' I look forward each morning to reading your comings and goings, your hopes and wishes, news of family, whether to drink tea or 'skull attack' not to mention the cookies and so much more. This game of life touches my heart. Bless you all. Now for a tiny sip of Baileys Irish Cream. S

• I have scoured the internet and not one importer/distributor has BRAINS S.A. or any other BRAINS brew available in the US of A! Belgium? All you can carry. German, Italian, UK, name it and they'll ship it to you. They even have OTHER Welsh products on hand, but not the aforesaid BRAINS S.A. A sad commentary on international relations.
    I will make due with local craft products most of them excellent to exceptional but they won't expand my pallet. A note on "foreign" beers available in american grocery stores. Most brewers typically send the "lesser" products here, after all who are they competing against? Pilsner Urquell from the Czech's is a prime example, when I was in Prague I was told it's not for drinking - they pour it out on fires and skip the middle man.

• Don't watch baseball like I used to but it is nice to enjoy World Series. Takes me back.

• yeah can relate on finagling the internet to find my favorite Cappuccino since what they have in stores around here in Tennessee, aren't even close to being drinkable have to order special from two companies, even Starbuck's don't even have Almond Amaretto Cappuccino, looked at me like I was crazy and said they never heard of it, and I thought they were a fancy coffee store. use to follow baseball but as mentioned don't follow as much, watch some pro football , not much on college cause tired of watch Alabama or Ohio State beat everybody 52-0 and watching same teams every week , am a Hockey Fanatic myself.

• Hello Ptownpapa.I know that Catherine Zeta Jones had S.A imported for her wedding reception.It's produced in the Brains brewery in Cardiff who also brew bitter and dark beers.Its a very smooth,very drinkable but very strong beer,hence skull attack.I have,in fact suffered from it on a number of occasions.You should get some info on it on the net.Next time I drink it I'll give you a toast.Cheers to you and rev and the rest of my friends on this excellent site.Now for another attempt at solitaire.

• Yes it was.Heartbreak for many,but excellent viewing for all.Japan,what a team.Congratulations 3.14159.South Africa outstanding.Too strong and well focused for England.They deserved to win.To show that I 'm in no way biased,I celebrated South Africa's win with a bottle of Sicilian wine last night.Well done!

• Win or lose the RWC 2019 was a feast for the whole world of rugby. Here's to the next in 2023?

• I'll drink to that

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Attach file
Attach image
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Home General DiscussionComment As ...