Obscuring names to lower the games' blood pressure

Jim & David, how about searching for all user names that include the letters t,r,u,m,p in that order, any case, and applying your trademark ♥ magic to them? It would make the scoreboards oh so much more pleasant. And might discourage those people and others from trying to force their political views on all of us.

Comments

• ah but ... if the objective is to aspire to fairness and equity in the political arena, then censorship would need to be applied across the board to any name affiliated with politics otherwise the site will be seen to have party political bias ... and I’m not sure that GreenFelt is in that sort of game 😎

• Not so. I am most troubled by the ongoing duel between those who sport names supporting Trump, and those who display the opposite sentiment. Censoring those 5 characters in pseudonyms would be strictly nonpartisan.

• I just wish we could have one single, solitary place to get away from it all. Other than my darkened closet, I mean.

• It's a nearly impossible task. Some people have political names without the trump part, yet they would have to be censored as well (in fairness). Who has the time to monitor such nonsense? It has always bothered me too, but I shrug it off as another example of how people seem to have this desire to publicize their beliefs (whether political or otherwise) for whatever reason. One of the minor irritations we have to tolerate to enjoy this site.

• It is what it is.David and Jim always respond when asked,they can't be expected to police this site.An impossible task to undertake under most circumstances.Even more so when busy with their own lives and occupations.Take it as it comes.

• Amen graeme. It makes me want to throw up when I see the "T" name and could write a looooong narrative about why, but I shan't......I don't want the hall monitors taking my name. Sorry if that offends.

• No offense taken here, 3 cheers to binky and graeme and all .

• Thanks riverrat. I know we should keep personal feelings to ourselves on the forum, but the devil just made me do it. That idiot just brings out the very worst in me.
    Hope you're doing well.

• Oh! Thanks for the cool song fingsaint haven't heard her music in many moons

• Hello binky3.No offence.Most of us feel the same about these mischievous malcontents.Play on regardless and continue to enjoy yourself.Don't let these people interfere with you'r enjoyment of the game.Hello riverrat55 left a message for you.

• yeah we have a few in early Halloween costumes, I'm just here to play games , and have fun and holler at a few friends once in a blue moon, and drink my Almond Amaretto Cappuccino. Now before the goblins get me off to feed my hummingbirds. Good to hear from you Binky and graeme, then back to my Golf Game here on Greenfelt.

• You guys are all so cool. Will relax and enjoy the game.

• Rat...when you play 'Golf'...is your score under par?

• Wow, I guess it's sometimes advantageous to be not quite awake when I play. I don't really notice the names!

• homedoggy, lost my pencil in clubhouse so can't document my scores guess want qualify . have been playing a lot of Golf Wrap Around, few on Golf Hide the Kings, and now been giving Klondike No Foundations a test drive.Take Care graeme beating my scores on Golf Wrap Around. OH! Hello graeme.

• Thanks Alysoun for old Classic

• Hello riverrat55.Don't think so.You'r way ahead of me in Golf Wrap Around.I've not tried Golf hide the Kings.Will give it a go.Still looking for homedoggy on Golf.Shs.Perhaps he doesn't know about it,after all,these are top secret games.Fish and chips coming up.Bye.

• Hello, graeme was just picking on you , as I have seen a lot of your scores on games I have played, actually a few you were over me as you were before I got on that game. as you have said to many others in past and still use that analogy you'll get better with practice and trying the more you play. Golf Hide the Kings is a good game as well look forward to seeing you there as well. Fish and Chips sound good , wish I had a mess of Catfish to filet. Take Care my friend. Homedoggy is out purchasing his golf clubs and pencil as we speak !

• The view atop Golf (Wrap around Kings) Game of the Day is spectacular and I shake my booty in your general direction.

• I see you have your pencil sharpened and new set of clubs on game of day, my friend.

• I'll play you for a dollar a stroke.

• By the way...the game Fortress was kinda fun.

• I will check out Fortress as you suggested , just trying out some new different games so will put that on top of list. as far as golf , I once played putt putt when was once young but I retired my clubs very early , actually never been on golf course. I haven't figured out how to challenge no one , see how long it took me on videos , lol

• Too broke to play for money, found a 5f Belgie don't know what it's worth or from

• Queen- Under Pressure

• riverrat55......Very fitting Gerald. We have so much to be thankful for.

• Thanks binky ! thought it was a good depiction in video of what we have dealt with all over the world, as in meaning of song.

• .....and I think everyone should all be able to get along even when people, like myself, call others, (Trump} idiots. That was totally uncalled for and I apologize. My mama would be so disappointed. I hope no one on this site thinks I was referring to them.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Attach file
Attach image
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Home Feature RequestsComment As ...