2»

Comments

• WA state

• On my old computer my sign in name was butt head, in french, take out the butt to what a dog does in your yard, ( You can Translate) my name , I haven't played on it and will sign out on it when I think of another one or let it go. so since some complained about language I never played on that name ,West Tennessee,

• Jezzbelle, I don't know which specific games you are referring to or I could look and perhaps give you a better answer. I just play and hope for the best. On that note spider is my favourite game with 40 thieves a close second. I like trying to solve hard puzzles quickly.

• Gameguy, yes you’re correct about the origins of my name. :)

Thanks, Jezzbelle!

• haha.. so cool .. I was often wondering this :) ...so cool to read the comments ..I am called Martyna (polish for Martina) and a friend from Gambia always called me tynatyna .. so I just took this one without much thinking ;)

• drz400 - is a Yamaha dirt/road legal motorcycle that is sitting in my garage waiting to get fixed and ridden, yet here I am, wasting time on this addicting web site! (By the way "david", thankyou, this site blows away any other gaming site!) WA state. 59 yrs

• Happy St. Patrick's Day everyone....or St. Paddy's Day as I've been told is proper. I'm surprised the cards aren't green. You're slipping, David
    Any 'Irish" log-in names out there?

• I will second the motion , Happy St. Patrick's Day to all you leprechauns lovers

• My first name here was Celticknot. Hi guys, I'm back.

• I hadn't played Addiction in a while...but played this morning and realized it was 'fivespings' who was whooping me game after. It must be a cousin to Springrain

• lol...no relation!

• Are you sure? She plays under the name Lonesome Dove.

• Am positive. No one playing on here is related to me.

• marymac8; my real name, Mary Ann McElhatton is too long to use anywhere, so..........

• User names are fun. The longest ones I used were a poem on April Fools Day 2012, when the card colors were reversed:
    https://blog.greenfelt.net/2012/04/02/april-fools-pranks/
    I also registered some 40 bird names:
    https://forum.greenfelt.net/discussion/comment/2380/#Comment_2380
    David in his reply to this, noticed that I had registered Hamlet's speech from Shakespeare under multiple user names:
    tobeo, rnott, obeth, isthe, question?, whethe, rtisn, obler, mindtos, uffe, slings.
    I played against the infamous 3bc, with user names like 3b-on-holiday-yippee.

This is the best site by far for card playing on the internet. A big thank you to David and Jim.

• Wow....I am IMPRESSED

• And here I assumed that David's real name was Jim, but his Greenfelt partner got in first and snagged it!

Fnarf is a nickname I was given forty years ago. It means nothing. People in the UK often write "fnar, fnar" to indicate sniggering, wheezing laughter, but I didn't know that until decades later.

• Hi Fnarf.In my all my 78 years I have never heard that term used in the UK,even in University.It's a first for me.Anyone else aware of it?In the meantime enjoy your game and I wish you well.Play on.

• Hi graeme. Yes, I’m aware of the term ‘fnar’ as a representation of a guffaw type laugh, sometimes used to denote a sarcastic manner. I’ve seen it most often on comment threads usually underneath opinion pieces in UK newspapers. So as an expression it’s probably gained popularity as a written laugh when emojis aren’t available.

• Well I never!Thanks for that fingsaint.Never too old to learn.Enjoy your games.

• I have to admit ... I had Fnarf in mind when I initially posted the question. I learn something new every day.
    Thanks for responding.

• Hello Braxton92 to Silver Hawk I am an old slow player. I nearly always check to see if you are playing. Silver Hawk is an easy name for an old player to find and check time & score against. You are almost always higher and faster than I am. That is ok because this is just a fun game for me. Must of the names that I see on Forty Thieves are probably very special to them, but are very hard for me to remember . Thanks Again to Silver Hawk

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Attach file
Attach image
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Home General DiscussionComment As ...