How can a participant named "anonymous" win all the first several places on most every game?

Game: freecell
Game #: 319373544
Browser: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/91.0.4472.101 Safari/537.36
Window: 1247x683
JS-Version: 2021-05-13_21:02:42_-0700_ab89ecad80e64015f7a291c6eb2f0986d3467710

Does this person have a computer driven software to win in only 20 seconds time after time? All of the first 7 or 8 to even 10 places are won by the same name. If several people can use the name "anonymous", then there is no proof of ownership and these scores should not be posted.

Comments

• Here we go again!

• fingsaintfingsaint REGISTERED
    edited June 2021 119.18.1.9

Hi @galterio players win in fast times because they practise the games and utilise super moves. See the Frequently Asked Questions (click FAQ tab) to see videos of fast players in action.
    Many players choose to remain anonymous and that’s their prerogative. You can tick the box on the scorecard so that the anonymous scores are ignored if that’s your preference.

@outlaws13 lol

• barzonymousbarzonymous REGISTERED
    edited June 2021 99.76.46.40

And it's not one person, @galterio -There are thousands of us anonymous players. We just play the game-we don't care about the scores.

And yes, this makes about 34 posts worried (absolutely unnecessarily) about "anonymous."

• Thanks for your keeping the tally barzonymous I t keeps life interesting 🙄

• Maybe it's a nefarious plot, driven by Dr Evil, for thousands of Anonymous players, computers in sync, to gang up on the rest of us?

• DeusExMachinaDeusExMachina REGISTERED
    edited June 2021 99.49.195.50

A) Anonymous players outnumber logged in player
    b) Several of them are among the best players on this site
    C) because they’re anonymous, if the same fast player replays a given game, multiple scores might show, unlike with logged in players
    D) what in blazes does “then there is no proof of ownership” mean. It’s not like any of our scores are certified by the Galactic Solitaire Sanctioning Body!!!

• I have a theory. Various bad people are hacking into the system. They are not even playing the games. They are just posting those numbers to break our will. It's the Chinese or maybe the Russians.

• @DeusExMachina WHAT? Not certified? Tell me that's not so! LOL

• Eek! Not certified. How ever will we live it down. I suppose as registered greenfelt entities we must suck it up and play on regardless of the competition. Where's McCarthy when we need him?

• I found out that "Anonymous" isn't even his real name!!!

• Lately,while playing my usual game of Klondike,I have often found myself surrounded by anonymice.Where have these invisible entities materialised from?How long have they been monitoring us?Is this the end as we know it?I will think on this while I eat the last piece of Chris'American apple cake.Stay safe all............Wales to beat Denmark tonight.

• I thought we were apple pie... but if Chris made it, I'm sure it was delish. About a week till blueberry season here. Can't wait.

• @graeme, I will be watching the aforesaid match - sadly my father-in-law was Danish and MJ will be rooting for
    his side. I have no skin in the game so I will smile and nod but take the Red Dragon just to make it a game.
    Enjoy the day, the apple fritter/comestible? and of course - play on.

• Thank-you both.Will be watching the game in the next half hour.Have already consumed the last of the apple cake.....just got there before Chris.Win/lose........always another game,another time.Just a little worried,are there any anonymice playing in the Danish team?They seem to be everywhere.Never mind.Play on and enjoy anyway.Enjoy you'r Saturday whatever you do.Cheers!

• I'm sorry @graeme, it was a sad game, sadly played. Another game, another day. Enjoy the rest of the weekend, play on.

• AND I think the officiating was helped along by the anonymice

• I hope the anonymice don't take over the NFL and MLB. They can have the NBA.
    @graeme , My late brother-in-law was from Hull. A fan of Hull City to the end.

• jezzbelle, I agree. Someone should take over the NBA. They're not very bright these days. A great leader is always a good idea. I'd start with those horrid shorts. 😎

• Hello all.Yes.Wales not in the game at all.Denmark deserved to win.......such is life! Ptownpapa,congratulate you'r father-in-law for me.I am now retiring to a Welsh Baptist monastery in the Black mountains of Wales.I am reliably informed there are no anonymice in the vicinity.Chris is packing my bags................seems very happy this morning.Never mind that's life.Play on and enjoy.

• I just played a game where 3bc won in 86 moves in only 4 (four) seconds - does anyone believe this? I do not know how to make a screen shot or tell you the game number. 2nd place went to "anonymous" in 11 seconds.

• The game number is 2612381612.

• @galterio: Yes.We believe 3bc’s scores are legit because he once provided video evidence.See for yourself in the FAQ.
    Where 3bc and others step into a gray area is practicing a solution while signed in as another user, then logging into their main account to record a low “first” score. Which renders the Show players first score” filter moot, at least for the Game of the Day for Freecell and a few other games. To some people, that practice qualifies as cheating in itself. But there’s no reason to believe 3bc or anyone else around here is using some kind of software assistance to record super-fast scores. Skill, practice, and liberal use of supermoves are sufficient.

• fingsaintfingsaint REGISTERED
    edited June 2021 119.18.1.9

I’m a fan of 3bc and like to see his name plastered across the game of the day scoreboard, especially when he reappears after a hiatus. Can’t help but be amazed at the dedication and amount of effort involved to practice and master each game before logging on and smashing the time barrier.
    Go for it! Cheers.

• @galterio
    That game took me these 12 taps:
    1.♦K
    2. ♥6
    3. *
    4.♦K
    5.♥A
    6.♠Q
    7.♣3
    8.*
    9.♥9
    10.♠6
    11.♣7
    12.*
    'Normal speed' is 3-4 taps per second, ie it could be solved in 3 seconds (on a quality touch screen monitor).
    It takes me 7 seconds using a mouse.
    Practice makes perfect...

• I'll second that

• @jim and @david, maybe @3bc's explanation, along w/game #, could become another example of 'too fast', 'not cheating' in FAQ since he/she was kind enough to provide. Thank you @3bc. Practice, I third that.

• Yes, over and over and over...

• Thanks for the notation on your solution, 3bc. You are true master of finding solutions w/ the fewest possible steps. The best I managed on that deal was about 20 moves (with a best time of 6 seconds.)
    Here's a recording of 3bc's solution:

• Thank you.

• Is faster funner?

• DeusExMachinaDeusExMachina REGISTERED
    edited June 2021 99.49.195.50

Like most things, that depends entirely on who you ask. And on which game you’re talking about. For me, playing for speed is what keeps Freecell interesting because with most deals there’s no challenge in simply completing. Others apparently prefer to play for the fewest number of moves (and some of them seem to resent or disdain speed players, which puzzles me). Still others play simply for the mental exercise of solving the game and the satisfaction of finishing, with no interest in speed or moves count or any other metrics of competition.
    As for Spider, the only other card game I play, merely completing a game is challenging enough that I pay little attention to ranking by either metric. Sure, it feels good if I happen to crack the Top 10, but I wouldn’t say that factors into the fun-factor for me.

While we’re talking about speed and ranking, I’d like to again thank @jim & @david for implementing the option to include anonymous scores. I’m amused every time I top the list with anonymous players excluded, only to drop completely out of the Top 10 upon including them. And on those rare occasions when I remain atop the all-in list, it’s all the more satisfying.

• DON'T ALLOW ANONYMOUS PLAYERS!!!

• DON'T ALLOW ANONYMOUS PLAYERS!!!

• DON'T ALLOW ANONYMOUS PLAYERS!!!!

edited July 2021 99.76.46.40

And I think that made 40...

• Sheesh, teregram...get a freaking life and stop worrying about other people.

• I thought I was all that when I play spider, but there is an anonymi who beats me almost every time! Lol. Makes me want to work harder. Maybe try that.

• What a healthy attitude.

• @teregram Why? and why are you so adamant about it? Just don't click on "Show anonymous players" and get on with your life. (and be nice!)

• Have you ever followed numbers....77 means Hex = spell...=hoodwinked.....just saying....enjoy the games guys....i do.

• When we look back in history to the events that lead up to WWII...and we think 'How could people have been so naive? How could people allow themselves to be hoodwinked like that?' Well...here it is in microcosm form. Find a group that, for whatever reason, you don't like...and then find a soapbox to stand on. You may think it's apples and oranges, but it's exactly the same thing on a smaller scale.
    'I don't like THESE players' 'They should get their own site.' ' They play too fast' You would think we leaned our lesson...that this could never happen again.
    I'm embarrassed to say that my own country is leading the way in this divisiveness, and the event of the last few years prove this.
    Thanks to you guys for holding the line for the rest of us. My energy wains against the onslaught.

edited July 2021 99.76.46.40

Excellent analogy, @homedoggy. I took a one week break from all social media and it was heaven. And I think my next step is just ignoring whiny, repeat or demanding forum posts.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Attach file
Attach image
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Home General DiscussionComment As ...