New Format

:) I like it 🆒

Comments

• I'm an old lady with a cat. I hate change. Have a nice day.

• Jim, David: there are always kinks to be worked out when changing computer code. My little complaint: I'm unable to look at messages in a new tab. Thus every time I look at a message and return, it is to a new game (when I haven't yet finished the current one.) Also - completely different - am getting a lot of blank pop-up boxes. Leprechauns at work, I'm sure.

• jimjim REGISTERED, ADMINISTRATORS

Hi @sierrarose,

Thanks for understanding and for giving us your feedback. We rely on your complaints to know what to fix, so complain away. We do read the messages even if we don't have time or inclination to address everything.

With respect to your actual problem, how did you used to open the message links in a new tab, and what happens when you try now?

Thanks,
    -@jim

• @jim (Green Felt Guy) Apology for late response; didn't see your reply. I play on a Chromebook. Previously, to look at a message, I would depress CTRL key and click on a message. That would open the message in a new tab where I could read it, then go back to original tab and continue my game. Now, when I depress CTRL while clicking on a message, the message comes up in the same tab (replaces game window). When done reading message, I hit back arrow which then brings up a new game. Perhaps there is a different (key) sequence now? that I should be using? Thank you, dear.

• How to find the game of the day?

• I use a Chromebook also and it let me open the forum in a new tab while a had a game going in my original tab. I tried it twice and both times it allowed me to open the forum in a new tab.

I just reread. I wasn't using the control key I was using right click on my mouse. Sorry I wasn't addressing the issue. I am old school and still use a mouse.

• @Nan01 I tried R click (or equivalent on Chromebook) and doesn't work. However - tada - using ALT with L click does. Go figure! Problem solved. Thank you all.

• On my Mac, command-click generally opens to a new tab, and used to in GreenFelt, but it no longer does. It just opens over the game and then when going back, it opens to a new game. If I control-click, then click on "open in a new tab" it works fine. However, it's very annoying because I can't just go down the list and open several messages one after the other to view, as the message window disappears. I have to go up and click on "messages" each time. Also the number by "messages" never changes -- it's always "15" no matter how many there really are.

• Hi @kat14 yes, it’s the same for me, I have 15 unread messages and that hasn’t changed for a few days now.
    Screen shot for @jim

• daviddavid REGISTERED, ADMINISTRATORS

@sierrarose @Nan01 @kat14 The way we were handling the menus was accidentally causing "command click" or "control click" to open into a new tab to not work. It should be fixed now.

@fingsaint, click the messages menu twice to clear out the "New" markers. I know that's not ideal, but it should work in the interim.

• All sorts of problems today.Game of the day on the bottom now,but when pressed,I just get either no response or different coloured backs.Can only access the game of the day through the leader board.When size is pressed nothing happens.I'm off shortly for a cup of tea and an asprin Never mind,tomorrow is another day.Bye all.

• @david re msgs, thanks - double click worked for me 👍

@graeme The menus are fixed. Not sure about the game of the day link—that seems to be working for me.

• I still dislike the fact you people still allow little shits to keep cheating on here. 39 seconds for a game????? C'mon now!!! Get real! People like that need to get banned or go elsewhere to play. It's never about speed, ( like their love-making skills...), but about the number of moves. Just saying. That's my beef for the week...

• Hello david.Thanks for getting back.The size feature now fine but when I press the game of the day it starts moving the cards in front of me.Sometimes changes the back colours.Everything worked well yesterday when the game of the day feature was at the top.Not the end of the world,I can still access it through the leader board.Everything else fine.Thanks for you'r help

@graeme what browser are you using?

• homedoggyhomedoggy REGISTERED
    edited March 2021 174.247.11.89

Well...@Dreamwaiver... I guess you didn't read the responses the last three or four times you posted the same message. You didn't go to FAQ to read the responses that a hundred other people put up to questions that were similar to yours. And now you've gravitated to using foul language on the site that's populated by little old ladies and retirees ....way to go. How do you know this isn't the site for the speed players and the people who want to play for the fewest moves should go somewhere else? I know this isn't the answer you were looking for but I'm giving up on you and I'll leave that to others. I wish you well though.
    I guess @graeme had the right idea. Maybe we should ignore you and you'll just go away.

• Hello david.Windows 10.Hello homedoggy hope you and Annette are well.David I'm off for my bacon and eggs now.Will contact tomorrow.It's not a big deal......excuse the pun.Take care everyone.

• @David Thanks. The "messages" is much better. The "game of the day" and "report bugs" links still don't work for me.

• @david Thank you for CTRL Click fix. This change/update is a bit of a whack-a-mole for you and Jim. (To be expected with any large programming change as some of us know.) We appreciate your nibbling away at requests for fixes. Hugs

• @david Links at the bottom seem to work now. Thanks.

• My score doesn't register nor have I the option of 'game of the day'

• Hello David.The browser is M.S.N.However,I have just switched on and everything is fine now A big thank-you for responding so quickly.Yourself and Jim don't always receive the appreciation you both deserve for all the hard work you both put into this programme.You certainly have mine.I raise my cup of tea to you both.Long may you reign.Cheers!

• can you tell my why mine is so small but cards are reg size?

• Can a hone tell me why my high score does'nt remain among the top ten after I close the high score table?

• I prefer to not complain about a totally free service that I love! Thank you!

• jimjim REGISTERED, ADMINISTRATORS

@notbad55, we always show your score even if it’s not your first or if your are not in the top 10. When you check again, we just show the top 10. Note your place before you close the high score list. A lot of people play certain games, 10s a second, so even if you were in the top 10, you might not be the next time you check.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Attach file
Attach image
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Home General DiscussionComment As ...