a new feature...a different solitary

Game: klondike
Game #: 951413863

What would you like to see?

Take the current solitary and reprogram to allow a card to be slipped in at the top of a stack. So, for example, if one of the stacks has a 5 at the top of the stack and a 6 shows up of the opposite color, it can be "slipped" into the top of the stack so the top now has the 6 following by the 5 and whatever cards were already on the stack with the 5. Meanwhile, all the other features remain the same. This will allow being able to play solitaire and solving the game more easily and faster. This will also mean fewer games that end without a solution.

Comments

• So, program it to cheat? Is that how you would play it with a real deck of cards? It would be cheating and Greenfelt doesn't cheat.

• It is a change in the rules...kind of like a different solitaire game.

• I don't like it. But that's just me. Folks?

• fingsaintfingsaint REGISTERED
    edited March 2023 119.18.1.122

I’m guessing the game proposed by @B41TS2L8 wouldn’t replace Klondike but would sit separately with a different name so people could choose (or not) to play it.

No idea how popular it would be or whether @jim and @david think it’s feasible or worthwhile investigating.

• I am happy just the way Klondike is , don't see no changes need to be made, just my opinion regarding issue.

• barzonymousbarzonymous REGISTERED
    edited March 2023 99.76.46.40

As someone far nicer than me might say:" Thank you, but not my cup of tea."

• If GreenFelt games mimic games played with a real card deck, you wouldn't be able to do this. But life on the internet is far from real.

• daviddavid REGISTERED, ADMINISTRATORS

We occasionally do random twists on games if it strikes our fancy (https://greenfelt.net/klondikenf for instance).

@B4ITS2L8 Would you be able to slip the card in between the stack of face down cards and the face up cards? Here's an example:

Would the Q♣ be able to be dropped behind the J♦ or J♥ or both?

• Hmmm...I'd like to see that. I think it would be interesting and fun to play. It sure would make you stop and think.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Attach file
Attach image
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Home General DiscussionComment As ...