How can you get 51?

zudensternenzudensternen REGISTERED

In Klondike — if there is one card left it has to autocomplete, no? https://greenfelt.net/klondike?game=683899458

Comments

• I've been wondering the same thing. Every game, that I've seen, it seems he/she tries for this score with a high number of moves. Hope they see this and puts our curiosity at ease.

• I understand the question now. Interesting observation.

• You could "give up" at 51. Not sure why, but could do that.

• @lasso, I think that must be it. (But why??)

• Maybe just forgot to make the last click. So excited to see the end in sight . . .

• You don't have to click "give up", just click on "new game" and still records your score.

• I can’t speak for spee-dee-mee, of course, but I’ve quit with 1 card remaining on the Freecell GotD to figure out what percentage of the tens of thousands of plays were actually completed. The answer is a bit surprising. Of the nearly 35,000 plays For yesterday’s GotD, only 2,801 finished. That’s only 8.065%.
    Which could come as bad news for the player who came in at 2,800 and thought, “Not bad! I’m in the top 10%.”
    Not a likely the explanation in the case of this game of Klondike since you can see at a glance that only 2 players finished.

• Just finished the above game.I just think spee-dee-mee may have pressed give up by mistake.I have done it myself,especially if you are on the point of completing a game at speed,[no pun intended].Highly unusual to see a score of 51 though.

• I've not seen spee-dee-mee on this forum, I don't think. It would be great if s/he commented here.

• I think it's on purpose because i've seen it many times where he/she is #1 of no winners with a score of 51 and always a high numbers of moves. Ya'll know what they say about curiosity. Why!!!!

• Just played a game where I could have racked up a 51: three kings and one queen showing, one card face-down. Only needed to hit Give Up. But it wouldn't have mattered, because after I went out with 52 I was #35 or something, so no one but me would ever see it.

• OK spee-dee-mee, if you're reading, we want to see you start winning with 50.

• Beats me.I have never had 51.........and twice! I think he/she deserves a special award for incredulity

• check out klondike game #1466318823

• 405 moves! Seriously???

• re:442106159 I couldn't come close to 51 or 52!!!

• That is one dedicated gamer, right there.

• I just realized this was causing confusion. (I don't read the forum much.) The idea is to make a fun challenge to everybody: "Come and get me if you can!"

• OK, now I'm aiming for 50.

• spee-dee-mee, thank you for letting us in on this strange mystery. Or, at least for me, it has been a head scratcher. I was pretty sure you were doing in on purpose but I just really needed to know why. I don't aim for a number or time; just want to beat the game. But anyway thanks again for coming clean......binky. So, zudensternen, now we know.

• Well zudensternen, spee-dee-mee did it. game #1254346840, #1 with a score of, you got it, 50....binky

• good for you spee-dee-mee.

• Wow, true mastery of the game.

• I wasn't gonna say nothing. :)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Attach file
Attach image
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Home Feature RequestsComment As ...