this game stinks i have played a hundred time and never won a game itmis very bad .

Game: fortythieves
Game #: 1700468001
Browser: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64; rv:79.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/79.0
JS-Version: 2020-06-12_13:07:35_-0700_b5c74981424a08debd6c7d372a2e2bd1186c9155

Please describe the problem in as much detail as possible:

Comments

• you can never win a game it stinks .

• barzonymousbarzonymous REGISTERED
    edited August 2020 99.76.46.40

I have found that if others win the game I am losing, it's probably because I'm not very good at the game. Just a thought. Some games are harder than others and there are some games that can't be won, but Forty Thieves can be won and has been won. It's just a game of strategy-sometimes you get it and sometimes you don't.

• Besides what @barzonymous said, Forty Thieves is, in my opinion, one of the more difficult games here. Perhaps try some other games to see if there's one that you find easier, and is more enjoyable for you, to play.

• There are so many other games you can play and win and still feel challenged. Just have fun. That's what the site is for.

• Mike50
    Don't despair as this is a fun site. I couldn't care about winning. I play for fun during the pandemic and thanks to Jim & David, I can do it for no money changing hands.

• Mike 50.Nothing wrong with the site.Practice,practice,practice.Many people here play every day and are quite willing to help.Saying the site 'stinks' doesn't help you one bit.Just enjoy the games like the rest of us.

• There is always Hopeless (one color)....that never gets old

• So don't play it.

• When I first played Forty Thieves I never won any games either but eventually got a bit better. To give yourself a better chance just play games that have already been won. Keep clicking New Game then High Scores. If the top 10 players all scored 104, I then have a go myself. I still do not always beat the game, but I do sometimes!

• Ditto to what Kat59 said. Don't beat yourself up. Have fun.

• I think I might have to go to one colour hopeless game........

• Never give up...Never surrender @shrinkage
    I bounce around to different games to give myself a break but come back and try to improve my game.
    Stick with it. Good luck.

• I just looked it up on high scores....no one has gotten more than 51 points. When you find a game like that, just move on to the next.

• I saw the original complaint about Forty Thieves and one of the responses said that he had tried it, in response to the complaint, I think, and said it was one of the most difficult games. So I tried it too. it's taken me about 2 weeks to start to get the hang of it. At first I thought it required pure luck and to be honest I thought it a waste of time. Still, with Corona Virus, there is plenty of time. There is a fair amount of luck required as the distribution seems random , but when I stopped moaning to myself and started concentrating I slowly picked up the logic of the game. Now I'm addicted.

• Good on ya @davidr ... some people see a puzzle and give up in two minutes. Others work at it and figure it out. This site is here for that 2nd group.

• ditto, but for FreeCell (haven't worked up to 40 Thieves.) When I first started playing couldn't finish 80% of games. Sometimes took me an hour to finish a game. Now I'm down to about 4 minutes and every now & then wind up in top 10. Practice, practice and have fun.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Attach file
Attach image
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Home Bug ReportsComment As ...