Need a counter

Put a counter with every game to know how many cards we move

Comments

• That sounds stressful?

• Why would I want to do that?

• If you clear the game, it (the game), says YEAH! and tells you how many moves you made.
    As you note @graeme the game is the game no matter how many cards you move.

• I asked about that at one time and the people who developed the site said they thought it created a distraction and to a certain extent ruined some of the fun. After I thought about it I tended to agree, but because of time constraints I only play Spider. I have played Golf a couple of times and thought it would be appropriate there, but came to the conclusion that a bunch of other players could figure out when the last card was coming - this is important because your score only counts on your "first" try. Maybe a "last card" warning that comes before a player overturns the last card in the pile would make it more fun to get started playing Golf. The people who developed and maintain this site with no advertising do a greaty job and have created a whole lot fun for many people! Thanks!!!

• I'm not sure about the games you're asking about, but in 40 Thieves, if you hover the mouse over the deck it shows how many cards are left and likewise how many cards are in the discard pile.

• @jezzbelle, the same hovering thing happens in Klondike & I expect any other game that features a hidden pile of cards. The developers seem to reuse code for common functions across all the games.

• jimjim REGISTERED, ADMINISTRATORS

@georgec, you remember correctly, we think a move counter and/or timer would add stress and be distracting. We do however have a way to see how many cards are left in the deck. If you hover over the deck, a number will pop up. Sorry to you touch screen players for whom that trick doesn’t work.

Have fun,
    -Jim

• I get the feature for forty thieves only. Better than nothing

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Attach file
Attach image
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Home Feature RequestsComment As ...