Percentile score?

Game: freecell
Game #: 482524191

What would you like to see?

Whenever I see that I've placed xx out of xxxx I always mentally estimate the percentile. I'd be interested in this as a feature - "You placed xx out of xxxx, yyth percentile." Any chance of adding this? It could be set up as a toggle so that people who don't want to see it (if there are such) don't have to.

Comments

• You have lost me.

• I've been lost all my life, but that's another story for another day
    Hello graeme

• Arithmetic... you place 200 out of 1000... 200 divided by (1000 minus 200) equals 80th percentile.
    Means you did better than 80 out of 100 who played or quit in the middle or just looked

• Hi Gerald! I like your humour today. Also Hello to Graeme who I know is in England.

• OOOPS Dyslexia (1000-200)/1000 is correct

• Hello cdmusic and Gerald.Nice to hear from you both.Forum is getting very complicated lately.Too many numbers floating about.What's a toggle?Can you use it instead of a mouse?Life has become very complicated.What happened to good old pen and ink?I'm off in search of a toggle.Will it bite?

• @graeme.... Hi there .. just wanted to say you're absolutely right in how complicated this site has become.. its like you almost have to have a Harvard degree to be on here.. when a long time ago when I first started , you could play games at your leisure and enjoy them, whether you won or not, and didn't matter how fast you played or won... I sure hope that "toggle" doesn't bite... whatever it might be...

• @MountainAsh, I'm with you. I always do a quick calculation. Figuring 10% and 1% are easy; just move the decimal one or two places to the left. Half of the former gets you 5%. Those are the breakpoints I'm interested in... at the stage of play I'm at currently, on a good day I can better 1% consistently, and on a not-so-good day 5%-10% is the best I can do.

• looks like 50% have lost the plot

• There's 100% of players who like to play the game and not have to get a lesson in the percentage or how fast it can be played and they are ones who have the brains who know what this site is all about and for enjoyable.

• I have wanted the same thing. Yes, I know how to calculate it, BUT it would be fun if i didn't have to. I mean, I could count my own number of moves also, but it's nice to have it calculated. The confounding factors (like people quitting or speed outliers) would be pretty consistent throughout, so it wouldn't bother me that it was a rough "I did better today than yesterday" for example.

• How wonderful for you, @goodtime2, that you know the one and only right way of enjoying the games here?
    Or should I say “the right way of enjoyabling” them?
    “Enjoymenting”?
    Any other gems of wisdom you can bestow upon those of us without the brains? The right way to peel a banana? Whether baseball or football is better? Are margaritas better blended or on the rocks?

• I just learned the right way to peel a banana a few months ago, amazed that I had gotten this far without knowing it. Bonus P.S. -- it's not the way a monkey peels a banana, contrary to the popular scuttlebutt.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Attach file
Attach image
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Home Feature RequestsComment As ...