Card Placement

I would like to request a change in the auto placement of cards. As part of common strategy, we as players, are trying to build runs of cards starting with a King and working our way down from there.
When we click on a card to be moved to its next available, suitable location the program seems to select the first available spot from left to right, when there are two possible landing cards for the card being moved. ( this is a pretty well established assumption). This happens under all circumstances, even if there is a landing spot in a run starting with a King , which would be the obvious location for that card to land on.
What I would like to suggest is when a card is clicked on to move and there are two possible landing spots, and one of the two possible landing spots is a run starting with a King, then please place the card in the that spot, rather than the first available spot starting from left to right.
thanks, BJCL55

Comments

• I agree with u, BJCL55 .. .. .. was wanting to suggest this same thing but couldn’t explain it nearly as clearly as u did, ty

• @tucsonsky & BJCL55. I play Klondike3 most of the time, and when that happens during my playing, so instead of the system placing the card where it would go and there's another spot for it, or not, I hit the UNDO button and put it back in the deck, so I can move it myself or if its on another play. I find that this helps to be in control of your judgement, rather than the cards jumping automatically. hope this isn't confusing.

• not confusing at all, i do the same thing in freecell, but it adds to ur moves and wastes time .. .. .. also, in pyramid, often there is a better move, but the auto-play prevents u from making the choice of what play to make and the undo doesn’t change that

• I play Klondike.Undoing the automatic move only takes a split second.Don't rely on the automatic move and don't expect it to play the game for you.Speed is down to you'r ability,dexterity and experience.Whether or not there should be an automatic feature at all is another question.For my part,I'm quite happy with it.If you use it judiciously it can be a useful aid.I can understand your frustration when the card is placed in the wrong spot but this is easily overcome, and with experience,should make little difference to your overall speed.This is not a criticism of your technique but an evaluation based on my own experience.You may not agree but I have said this in good faith.I hope you continue to enjoy these games as much as I do.

• @graeme Thank you for your input. I welcome any suggestions. and do enjoy playing solitaire. sure helps to keep the mind opened. have a good day and you also keep on enjoying the games.

• thanks, graeme, for ur insight to klondike play .. .. .. if u ever play pyramid u will see what i’m referring to, the autoplay cannot be undone or overridden, takes some of the fun out of playing it .. .. .. i still enjoy many of the other games at this awesome solitaire sight, glad to know u do too, have a groovy day!

• daviddavid REGISTERED, ADMINISTRATORS

@tusconky, You can do manual moves in pyramid. Just drag a card to the one you want it to match with.

• cool, divda (messin with u on name spellin) :D that makes all the difference! thanks a bunch!!!

• jimjim REGISTERED, ADMINISTRATORS
    edited March 2019 104.33.90.133

Thanks for the suggestion @BJCL55. How about we prioritize completely ordered stacks over partially ordered stacks? I don’t think the king part matters. And if none or both are completely ordered, any suggestions for a tie breaker? @DeusExMachina? @dbwoerner?

• jimjim REGISTERED, ADMINISTRATORS

@BJCL55, we have made the change to prefer completely ordered stacks in Free Cell when two are available. Let's us know if you find any problems.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Attach file
Attach image
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Home Feature RequestsComment As ...