Armistice Day

For my father who fought in Africa and Burma in W.W 2 and came back.For those who fought in past and present wars and didn't.If we value our freedom we must never forget the sacrifice they made for us.

Comments

• Let's all remember and give great thanks for all generations who have served their natiion!
    Today there are SO many who endure multiple deployments, away from their families and home.
    Our thoughts and prayers need to follow them all and may we be faithful in this...

• Also for the families who had to endure so much both during and after these conflicts.The terrible price of war which still continues.

• Thanks guys...well said.

• One of the most moving moments of my life was visiting the Vietnam War Memorial Wall while living in D.C. It was the war of my youth. I had several friends that served...they didn't come home the same as they left.

The war itself, the wall, my friends that served...those memories will be with me the rest of my life.

• My familys greatest accomplishment is that I was the last male in 5 generations to serve in the armed forces of England and Canada , my sons and grandsons so far have not had to , but my oldest granddaughter enlisted last year at age 22
    from Omdurman through the Korean war we have lost 26% of our male ancestors to varied armed conflicts.
    I have been to the Viet Nam War wall as I had a cousin who died in that mess while serving in the US Army, a lot of people do not know that over 10,000 Canadians volunteered in the US forces for that conflict.

• Great forum for all veterans who has served our great country, thanks to all the men and women whom are still deployed all over the world to protect our country, Great stories. Happy Armistice Day to everyone.

• This was the most moving of the many tributes posted today. This sculpture exhibit in an obscure English churchyard will be gone by Monday. https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-gloucestershire-46155057

• Graeme, this is one of the most touching tributes I have ever read. I admire how you say so much with so few words, obviously from deep in your heart. Thank you for making my day.

• Mistinask, be very proud of the contribution made by your family and yourself personally. Thank you for helping keep our freedom safe. God willing we will not have to go through another world war.
    Enlisting, while we are presently involved in these wretched local wars, took courage. I wish your granddaughter well and safe return from wherever she might go.

• Zudensternan-Thanks for posting the link to that article. Very, very cool to see those photos and what a beautiful tribute to those soldiers. Touching to see how others are moved to honor those brave individuals who serve.

• Zudensternen: What an interesting post. I live in England but had not seen this in the news. They really are haunting. Thanks for the link. In Swanage all of our shops dedicated a window display to a local who died in WW1. It has been a very moving time.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Attach file
Attach image
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Home General DiscussionComment As ...