this stinks

Game: klondike3
Game #: 1872949907

What would you like to see?

Comments

• i would like some of the older games that were fun to play and you could win a few. These are awful and boring.

• I'll buy you a deck of cards.

• Hi Homedoggy, Even cheaper, playing "snobs" with coloured stones - don't know the equivalent game name in your area but more interesting than constant carping!

• I don't smell nothing ~

• I used to play on another site where it was almost impossible not to win, it became awfully boring. But... perhaps you would be happier on a site like that.

• cave adsum !

• Try knitting

• I agree with anglais. I have a simple klondike game that I downloaded to my phone. I almost always win and after awhile it's boring. It's something to do while sitting in the airport but there is really no challenge and it's not all that fun after about 10 minutes.

• Don't be so disrespectful to David & Jim who created the site. This happens to be a great site and it is free! Quit complaining and if not, go elsewhere!

• BOY OH BOY----HOW UNGRATEFUL CAN SOME PEOPLE BE !!!!! GO SOMEWHERE ELSE IF YOUR NOT HAPPY SO WE DO NOT HAVE TO SEE YOU STUPID POSTS !!!!!!!

• I agree with everyone else.

• I agree with mistinask. CAVE AB HOMINE UNIUS LIBRE... latin translation "Beware of anyone who has just one book". Woolwomans discussions and comments has only one theme. Criticize, criticize, criticize and weaken.

• Ya know...sometimes people learn solitaire with a deck of cards and when the ace doesn't turn up when we need it...they find ways to make it come to the top of the pile. But when the game is over...you forget that you manipulated the cards to win. You just remember that you won. Perhaps this is the case with woolwoman and I tend to give her the benefit of the doubt. I don't think she realizes that people answer her posts...so this is probably just for us. But I appreciate everyone being gentle in their rebukes. Maybe she will figure out that improving her game can come from practice

• Not getting political...but if you're a U.S. citizen, PLEASE VOTE!

• I enjoy these games to the point of obsession ( sometimes neglecting my work ). I would like to know how each of the games are scored.

• How can you be bored with these games?Each game is different and thus every game is a challenge.I'll vote for homedoggy.Nobody will know I'm not a U.S citizen.Bye all.

• Treacle can be head of Security for homedoggy, I can't vote anyway

• I'm sorry your experience has been so unpleasant for you. You seem to be angry and/or bitter.
    There are SO very many of us who play Greenfelt and enjoy the design, maintenance, and helpful information from its creators David and Jim. Nevermind the commeraderie amongst players supporting, advising, and sharing with each other!
    We appreciate having this site and derive enjoyable time on it.
    You may ask yourself why you return to something you don't like...

• homedoggy, you are being very generous. I just think there is something fishy going on. The person has registered about 11 months ago, visited "our" site 10 times and has made criticisms 8 times in those 10 visits. Like you, I give this "member" the benefit of doubt that this person might not realize those how contagious words can be.

• graeme... in which country are you a citizen. Please don't say your Canadian... homedoggy may be reading this!

• @anglais ...There have been folks like woolwoman posting negative messages from time to time in the past and before long... you realize that they are not bothering to look at any replies they may get. My knee-jerk reaction is to snap back but it would fall on deaf ears. Therefor...how we respond to woolwoman only reflects the kind of people we are.
    graeme lives in Wales where it is way past his bedtime. I was only teasing Sage about Canada although I have never visited the west coast where she lives. I have visited Nova Scotia, P.E.I., Montreal, Quebec, Hull and Ottawa and encourage anybody who has a chance to do likewise.

• Homedoggy, no offence meant. I know you were teasing Sage and I was also teasing you... I am a Canadian living in the Montreal region. Gotcha. This province as you know is french speaking. I am originally from England living in a french culture which I have grown to love and admire and is why I chose "anglais" as a nom de plume. I'm curious to see how popular this site is internationally which is why I asked Graeme where he is from. Apparently we were neighbours at one time. I have also travelled across this wonderful country and had the opportunity to study for two years on the west coast, British Colombia, where Sage lives. Judging from Gerald64 posts, asking the whereabouts of Jabba, he mentioned he thinks she lives in Australie. This is mindblowing to me. How a couple of guys who decided to set up a solitaire site, maybe for their own amusement or perhaps a challenge, and it turns out to be wildly popular with such strongly dedicated fans. Wow!
    As for woolwoman, since I'm a relative newcomer to the site I will rely on your good judgment. I will let it go for now.
    No hard feelings.

• Good Evening anglais, Bon Jour comment ca va from Western Tennessee , I think that is US ! We come to find out Sage is back with us somewhere on this great site as my 1 year anniversary is today , here to have fun , play games , talk to some cool people , including the ones you just mentioned as well as others , with graeme and homdoggy , Enjoyed your comments on subjects with meaning, Take Care,

• Keeping it real after some thoughts by a few people above , and in fair play , we should be willing to help if woolwoman would reach out and ask for help, we would be gracious enough to listen to what she has to say if she would just ask for help, I was lost when I came on here and many helped me, Woolwoman if you need help we are here for you , just reach out to us,

• for anglais .................... dulce periculum laddie ! (:

• Gerald64 happy first anniversary on your Greenfelt participation!!!
    Your comments are very often right on and enjoyable!

• Happy Anniversary G64. I always look forward to your banter with Homedoggy, Graeme and others. Oops ... cannot forget Treacle. G, may I call you G ... know that you have put many a happy smile on our hearts. ;~)

• Hello anglais.Yes,homedoggy is right.I'm Welsh,living in the land of laverbread,cockles,leeks and rugby.Not forgetting good beer.Because of the time factor I was sleeping the sleep of the just and righteous[Rev may have something to say about that] French Canadian! That sounds exciting.Do you live in a log cabin in the Canadian wilderness fighting off hungry bears,trapping for furs and panning for gold?Broadband must be a bit dodgy though.Keep in touch.Hello to all my friends across the pond.Gerald.homedoggy,Rev et al.

• I messaged anglais privately to say I wasn't offended since I have legendarily thick skin...kinda like our Canadian neighbors. I was glad to see the sun up this morning after election day. We have a two party system here in the States...figuring that two thieves will steal less than one.
    Hello everyone and happy anniversary G64

• Thanks everyone , toasting everyone with Dr. Pepper , no drink firewater , everyone feel free to toast with what you want to indulge in, Love Greenfelt games and all my friends, especially Treacle despite the big pond between us, here on rainy Wednesday in Western Tennessee,

• homedoggy, didn't receive your private message

• for mistinask................elegit ex verba cum revelatione!

• anglais...on the Forum page ...upper right... near your username...click on the envelope

• homedoggy... Forum page upperight near my username I have notifications, inbox, bookmark and preferences don't have an envelope. My inbox is empty have no bookmarks and notifications are old messages. I'm not a tech person so I may be doing something wrong. Help me out.

• Gerald64 thank you for your bilingual message, much appreciated. Tried to send a message yesterday but for some reason it was taken off. I'm not sure why probably because of using Emoji stuff from my computer, had a nice cake with whipped cream and strawberries. Any case happy first anniversary on this site. Au revoir.

• anglais just below that still in upper right you will see message it is right next to envelope icon , click that and you can send message in privacy not as open forum say this stinks everyone can read your message it is not private when on any forum, for private messages to anyone on this site , thanks for message , Take Care.

• Hello all, I have been playing for a while and did, I think, the usual evolution of wondering how in the world people could play games in seconds that took me full minutes of my best stuff!! Practice was recommended, so I continued to play (Freecell and Pyramid) and when I found the place to show first score rather than fastest, I settled down a lot. I'm not ever going to play any game more than once, thank you, seeing what folks could do in their first run was encouraging. And I will never make the leaderboard but the pleasure I take in fooling around is enormous! Thanks so much to everyone - this is an inspiring operation: intelligent, kind and funny.

• Hi Graeme, I can see right away you are a friend of homedoggy. Amusing and teasing. The last time I had a good bag of cockles was when I was a child, with my late sister, walking on the beach at Weston Super Mare eating our cockles. Very fond memories. Am new to this site and I'm just learning the ropes with guidance of some nice people. Hope I'm not too much of a bother. We don't see too many bears in this area probably the skyscrapers and traffic noise keep them away. Winter is coming so I imagine you must be busy collecting peat for the fireplace ha ha. Thank you for contacting me.

• That's what were here for help others and most important is have fun.

• SageSage REGISTERED
    edited November 2018 173.33.218.137

Happy Anniversary, Gerald54! You've hardly been here any time, at all.

I signed into this site ten years ago in June, for goodness' sake. :o And I've spent a great deal of time since then in peaceful meditation, practicing the games, here. (And when I'm not playing card games, I'm knitting, graeme. ;) )

Actually, homedoggy, I did live for about six months, in Victoria, B.C., when I was young, I now live in the most boring and dull part of Canada... the country's industrial corridor that occupies the land between Montreal and Windsor. At least it only cools off to -20 degrees Celsius (or -4 Fahrenheit) a few days each winter.

anglais, you must find living in Quebec to be a daily adventure or are you used to the joie de vivre of les Québécois by now? Quebec is very dear to my heart for a few reasons.

As we all know, there are quite a few people who can figure out how to post a complaint, on this site, but not how to reach the replies. I think, also, that there are people who enjoy complaining for the sake of complaining. Trying to solve their issue would only irritate them more. If nothing else, we should be grateful to woolwoman for giving us this opportunity for conversation.

• Sage it's a real pleasure to finally meet you. When I first started on this site your name came up often on the Forum and on the Leaderboard. You are right it is an adventure, I so love living in this province. It sounds like you left a piece of your heart here also. It's getting a little late here but I do want to contact you again. Until next time.

• i play baker's dozen on another site. it's easy and can be "won" almost all the time. perhaps woolwoman could look and see if that satisfies her. i play to see how many times in a row i can win; after 10 or so wins in a row, the pressure builds up.

• This is cool we got people from Canada and several states enjoying good conversation , forgot our friend across the pond in graeme and Treacle, this forum is smelling better by the day, do wish woolwoman would join us in our fun, Hello Everybody, new day just started lets keep it going. If I forgot country or state let me know,

• Hello anglais.Just stepped out of my tin bath after washing off the coaldust while singing the Welsh National Anthem.It's nice to have more people joining the Forum.This is the attraction that other sites just don't have.Gerald is right.It is nice to have a little banter.Makes a change from the usual moans.Just heard from homedoggy,he's frying up some laverbread and cockles.Hello Sage.I like the peaceful meditation bit.I would like to practice a little of that but fat chance with Treacle around.He's not into peaceful meditation.We are having visitors today so I have to clean out the tin bath to peel the spuds,after which,I may do a little knitting,[while Treacle sleeps].Pity about the bears.

• Anglais, I have the same problem...
    I don't have any of the icons for private comments either (ie: envelopes).
    Scissors, I totally relate to your comment...
    Keep enjoying this site, it's creative design, the games, and the good people!!!

• I would be willing to try laverbread and cockles (seaweed and clams)(and served for breakfast) if only I could find some at my local Piggly Wiggly. Darn...fresh out. I guess we all eat some weird stuff be it through location or stuff handed down through family. Sounds like the start of an interesting post. But I draw the line at anything prepared in graeme's bathtub. A scratch behind the ears for Treacle though.
    @spidermum ...You don't have icons at the top of this page? I should have called them by their proper names (notifications, inbox, bookmarks and account options) instead of 'envelope.'

• spidermum, I found the solution with Gerald64's help. Go to the forum then click on the name of the member or friend you want to write to. You should find the envelope just below your username. Click on the envelope and it will open a channel to private conversation. After typing your conversation send as usual. There is an option in that channel which allows you to include other people in your conversation. Haven't tried it myself...yet.

• graeme, nice to hear from you. I've heard that most Welshmen have great voices, I'll bet you sing your anthem like Sir Thomas John Woodward. Should we tell homedoggy what cockles really are? First time I have heard of laverbread...seaweed you say. While I was on the west coast I had a classmate from Digby, Nova Scotia (Atlantic Coast) and his mum sent a regular supply of dried seaweed. He ate it the same way I eat potato crisps. I should have tried it when he offered me some...kind of regret that now.
    Don't pity the bear situation they are not that far away. Just have to travel 48 kilometres (30 miles for my U.S. friends) direction north and you will find them. Never had any trouble with them even when camping and fishing. Problem is when people start feeding them they associate people with food.
    We do sometimes have coyote wandering around, they are smaller than a wolf but larger than a big German shepherd. One springtime, driving on a small country road, surrounded by vast dry fields as far as the eye could see, I noticed a small dust cloud far away and it was coming towards me. It turned out to be two coyotes. They were moving extremely fast but at the same time didn't seem to be exerting themselves. When they reached the road it only took one stride from one embankment to the other. Magnificent animals, very athletic, beautiful tan colour the same as the earth. It didn't take but a minute before they turned into a small dust cloud on the other horizon. I bet it shows that...I like it here.

• anglaise I am a resident of Vancouver Island BC

• I knew we had something in common.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Attach file
Attach image
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Home Feature RequestsComment As ...