Thanks for bringing politics into it.

DeusExMachinaDeusExMachina REGISTERED

As much as I would prefer that everyone checked their politics at the door hereabouts—I mean, can’t we get a respite from that interminable hellscape somewhere?!?—I must admit that I take a special pleasure in trouncing scores posted by players whose usernames flaunt a political allegiance contrary to my own. Feels good to do my part to drive them off the leader board!

Comments

• I concur! I am sick at heart by what is going on. I need an escape.

• I know you're kinda new but some of us have been down this road and back several times. We've come to a tentative truce and decided that political opinions are like....U.F.O's...We saw something, we're just not exactly sure what it was. At least you get the satisfaction of whooping them.
    David put it better by saying that it's like seeing a bumper sticker you don't agree with. Just roll your eyes and move along.

• Just to be clear, my intention was not to stir the pot & start some kind of flame war. Note that I took care to not even allude to my own political leanings much less take a poke at the unnamed other side of the aisle.
    Mostly I'm amused at how much I'm motivated to thump those who wear a certain tribal affiliation on their sleeve, and how much silly pleasure I take in the meaningless accomplishment of besting them in a game of solitaire.
    The bumper sticker metaphor is a good one. For me, a better analogy is that when someone around me is driving like a jerk, I make it my mission to get ahead of him before we go different directions. Not in a road-rage-y way where I end up driving like a jerk myself but rather by fairly fastidiously observing the rules of the road and strategically picking the faster lane, etc. On occasions when I succeed in getting ahead of him, I take my little dose of smug satisfaction without the other guy even knowing it was any kind of a contest. Likewise here on Greenfelt, the individuals I'm intent on beating will never have a clue that they served as an extra motivation. Heck, in most cases, they won't even be aware that I beat them since by definition they played before me and moved on to the next game. I don't know about you, but with the exception of the Game of the Day, I never check back to see if anyone topped me.

• you know I usually don't say anything much on here and not taking sides with anyone , on any subject , this is my words and only my thoughts, am not trying to get rid of no forums tho have said to remove , so will stay back , my point being , am getting tired of the he said she said, and all the infighting as said don't care what subject is at hand , let's get back to normal , we all have to deal with enough in the world without the mudslinging and harsh words , I can't wait til the Holiday cards come out so can deal with all the complaints on that at Halloween , Thanksgiving and Christmas, If I offended anyone or step on someone's toes , I humbly apologize ahead of time to all, Lets get back to playing games and having fun, Peace Out everyone, this goes for tonight and today and again sorry for my comments to anyone on posts , just wanna get back to some normalcy, before put foot in mouth , am gone,,,,,

• Any comments please refer them to Treacle, he will chew them up like a new pair of loafers, hello graeme! lol

• Hello Gerald,homedoggy,DeusExMachina et al Enough of this serious stuff,lets bring more humour into these conversations.Lets laugh a little.Life is too short to be concerned about games and winning.Just play the game and enjoy yourselves.Have a nice day everyone.Treacle's digging the garden at the moment.See you.

• Gerald64 and graeme I concur with both of you!
    I truly enjoy the forum when participants help one another, share serendipity, and demonstrate kindnesses in various ways!!!

• Look people...I know that my opinions are probably not liked by some of you...but...if you are not interested in a conversation can't you just move on to one that you are? I personally found DeusExMachina's post interesting and it made me think about my own style of playing.

There are a few ongoing post's here that doesn't interest my so I just pass them on by and keep going until I find one that I am interested in reading. I will on occasion click on them just to get them to move on down my feed so I don't have to by pass them. I recognize that some of you find them entertaining so I wouldn't ever try to stop them or even deliberately try to bury them.

I have always been a philosophical type person and I love thought provoking conversations. Since retiring and being at home most of the time I miss having then with colleagues. I think that the Green Felt forum should be able to handle both types of conversations unless David or Jim have a problem with them.

BTW @DeusExMachina...I might have missed something but I didn't find your post political. I do something similar when I play. I only play a few games and usually the same players are listed on the scoreboard. If I beat a player that usually beats me I let out a little..."Yahoo!".

• DeusEx... I took your original post at face value and wasn't trying to say you shouldn't go there...especially since you brilliantly remained neutral. I only referred to previous posts questioning user names both for and against. When driving, I usually turn my dash cam towards the knuckheads. At least I'll have a recording for the judge to see.

• @Gerald64 bring on the holiday cards, I find it amusing every time

• 3 holidays around corner , the special cards will be here soon, thanks for message , Take care, will be laughing together.

• I loved your comment about the holiday cards. The comments about them always make me smile.

• We're in the night of the living dead - and the zombies are dancing for joy!

• Is Treacle dressing up for Halloween?

• Hello Rev.How are you?We would if we could but it would be too much of a temptation for him.He would consider it a treat [excuse the pun ].He has rendered three pairs of slippers unserviceable so far.He has now graduated to chasing my neighbours cat.Don't think we could keep him still long enough to dress him up.We have the nightmare of bonfire night shortly.Guy Fawkes and his gang have a lot to answer for.Treacle will have to wear his tin hat. and join me under the table.Such is life.Nice to hear from .Thanks for the thought.

• Hello graeme, and Treacle , Happy Halloween to you and family, think you could bring Treacle to Tennessee have a black stray cat causing havoc around this neck of woods , could use his charismatic ways around here, have a few old pair of sneakers he can devour for dessert.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Attach file
Attach image
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Home General DiscussionComment As ...