Sitting in the Crosshairs of Florence

Don't know if you've heard...but a category 4 storm is bearing down on my beloved Old North State. We should be okay here in the Piedmont with high winds and maybe some flooding, but the folks on the coast have no choice but to hightail it out of there and hope. If you are so inclined...a prayer would be appreciated

Comments

• Certainly will.My thoughts and prayers go out to those in harms way.Homedoggy,I hope you and yours will weather this storm and remain safe.Hopefully,it may not be as bad as predicted.Look after yourself.Best wishes

• My prayers are with you my friend, you and your family stay safe and dry, graeme is right predictions now say it may go further south just looked at weather channel it has shifted, regardless my thoughts are with you and your family and those who may be affected, Take Care, We are all with you,

• Good luck to all that are in danger. Thoughts and prayers. Let us know how you make out.

• Wishihng the best for all of you.

• Prayers ascending. Hope FEMA does better by the victims of Florence than they did by the victims of Harvey here in Texas.

• Prayers are indeed needed for our area, North and South Carolina, and Virginia.

This hurricane is supposed to be a category 4 and one of the worst ever.
    In the past, the majority of fatalities were due to people driving on flooded roads.

PLEASE, stay off all roads until they are declared safe.
    Two inches of water is enough to displace a car and cause havoc.

Many thanks to all who will pray...

• To Homedoggy, Spiderwebs and all who live in and around Florence's path, prayers now being lifted up and are ongoing. Keep safe and know that your Greenfelt friends are holding in their hearts.

• I'm watching Florence closely as well! I am in and out of the southernmost cone area. Thank you for all the well-wishes and I hope all of you will be safe from this storm!

• I was there when the "other" hurricane was is 1951? Anyway, I was a baby and don't recall it, but it has been a long long time since one this ominous has come NC way. Take care one and all.

• 11:45 PM CST , from Weather Channel hurricane is Category 1 90 mph winds 45 SSW of Morehead N.C. moving NW at 6mph, Your favorite weatherman from Tennessee, Take Care everyone, Stay Safe and dry,

• @homedoggy & @Spiderwebs, how are you doing? We are watching on tv. I think the wind would drive you crazy and the flooding would be scary. Water is so powerful. Hope you still have & will continue to have internet, we are thinking of you.

• Stay safe Spiderwebs , Hello evermore

• My heart goes out to you all north of me. Last year I was in the same situation with Irma and believe you me it was no fun. We went from Englewood, Fl. to just south of Montgomery,Al. and guess what, it caught up with us. Have gone through many storms, only one evacuation and really don't know if I would do it again. Stay safe,my thoughts and prayers are with you.
    Rowdyone\

• Thank y'all for thoughts and prayers...
    Hurricane Florence has been downgraded to 2 but travelling at 6 mph. This means wind damage will be less but there will be multiple days of rain dumping on already soaked land.
    As a result, there will be storm surges at high tide and flash floods throughout the days of duration.
    Power outages are already reported and the storm has just hit land.
    Again, thank you for prayers for so many people!

• Firstly...thanks to all for the prayers and warm fuzzies you guys are sending. They mean much more than you could know.
    The storm is just sitting there just off the coast which makes me wonder about the effects of the storm surge on the coast and barrier islands. High tide was late last night and again at 2pm today. They say the wind and surge is worse on the right side of the eye, but I'm sure the good folks in S.C. are not having a picnic either.
    The latest track I saw has the storm turning south and then west so the worst will circle around us here in the Triad ...but still 30-40mph winds and heavy rain and with it downed trees, flooding, and power outages...but nothing compared to others. Not a good day for Virginia either.
    Thanks again everybody.

• Final update...we dodged a bullet. The storm went a bit south and the sat there...getting weaker, but still dumping a bunch of rain on the coast (2 ft. in places?/ 600mm). It then moved west but that left the worst part south of us. We got 4 inches (about 100mm) with no real heavy wind and no power outages to speak of. I'd say we got off pretty easy. Thanks again for your concern and prayers.

• Am down here in Florida and hope all of you north of me are doing good after Florence. Feel so helpless but rest assured, my thoughts and prayers are with you. Take care and stay safe.

• Wish all along the coast my best my hearts out to the people from having to deal with what Florence left in it's aftermath, Hello homedoggy, and everyone ,graeme,rev and everyone else even Rowdeyone from sunny Florida. Hot , warm breeze and 96 here in my part of Tennessee, not where I wanna be, nice big Tennessee River Catfish, rats! can't go, everyone take care,

• TAKE CARE EVERYONE & GOD BLESS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Down here in Fl. still thinking of all of those who are and will be affected by all the rising rivers and the outcome . I cannot fathom what you people are going through. I wish you all well. Stay safe.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Attach file
Attach image
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Home General DiscussionComment As ...