Nazi Symbols

I recently noticed a user name "SS88." 88 stands for Heil Hitler and SS is the widely used name of the infamous Nazi death squad. This may just be unwitting on the part of the user, but it is nonetheless absolutely shocking! It is bad enough that we are subjected to pro and anti Trump user names, but Neo-Nazi should be deleted immediately.

Comments

• I heartily agree with thprov

• I agree. Totally provocative

• With all due respect to you I am not condoning any organization or affiliation, this is not a private forum , and I know this will be monitored as noted here recently by our founders of this site, Jim or David, this topic of barring names has been a issue before , unless this individual(s) promote themselves or cause any problems , as said that would be addressed by Jim or David in an appropriate manner as also seen before, thou I may not like certain usernames because we have to be aware there maybe young kids who use this game site and may be offensive to them as well as others regardless of age, I myself choose not to down these people due to their names on this site , It will be handled accordingly if need be, Thanks for your time,

• I suggest growing a thicker skin.

• thprovthprov REGISTERED
    edited September 2018 68.230.152.29

I do not believe "thicker skins" provide much defense to Nazi or neo-Nazi ideology. These movements are as dangerous now as they were in Germany in the 30's. Ignoring these ideas requires more than ignoring or appeasing, this cancer is alive and well and must be faced and rejected as the ugly world it represents. Pro Nazi symbolism is an attempt to spread this cancer and should be excised. The children and grandchildren of Nazi murder should not have to see such pro-Nazi symbols while innocently using this great site.

• @thprov , trolls with always be with us. If you want to play whack-a-mole with their names, have at, but I can think of more productive ways to combat hatred and bigotry.

• Thank you Arborist.

• Can it be, at least possible, that SS88 has totally innocent origins? Unless this player starts pushing a subversive agenda, we might be best to give him (or her) the benefit of the doubt. Assuming his name is Sam Smith ...born in 1988 sounds better to me than swaying at windmills.

• Thank you homedoggy didn't think of scenerio of name, hopefully forum will fade into sunset my views and only mine,

• I googled "SS88". Has other meanings. Some kind of US submarine. etc. But i am with the anti-nazi idea.

• I wasn't born in '88, but my initials are SS, so it is certainly feasible that it could be just initials and a date

• Those who are concerned about a POSSIBLE, and probaby inadvertent, use of a
    neo-nazi reference as a user name would do best to lower your rhetorical shouting...
    I agree with thprov about the horrible legacy of the Nazi ideology and the present day threat of it that is ever present in the world.
    HOWEVER, I'm sure the overseers of this site will resolve the user name issue. Mine, and others, have had user names changed several times and for no apparent reason.
    Let's not go attacking windmills unnecessarily and stay off the soap box. I hope you can find a site that will be more suitable for your valid opinions.
    Let's get back to enjoying this one for our games!!!

• Could we be jumping to unnecessary conclusions over this?Sounds very much like a storm in a tea-cup to me.Could'nt the initials be his name?and the numbers his age?Just a thought.

• With all due respect to all if we stop posting on this forum regardless of the meaning of the intent ,it will go away , let the powers to be handle this issue if we just leave it alone , I agree with all , and this is last rodeo on this issue for me, Good Day everyone, and let's enjoy our holiday and play games,

• Gerald64 and homedoggy, as usual, your comments are right on and truly should suffice.
    Let's all put this issue to rest and leave it in David and Jim's capable hands!

• About time we had some sense here.This ridiculous performance is based on someone's INTERPRETATION.Let it go!

• Let it go, let it go, let it go........

• There could be a song there somewhere.Homedoggy would know

• As close to Disney as I get.

• It is a song from the Disney movie, Frozen...

• Scorpions German Rock Band , Wind of Change Live in Berlin appropriate with Berlin Wall

• .... there’s this one :)

• Considering this thread...I thought this might be about right

• Jim and David...is this really what your forum is about?
    Some of these videos are over the top...at least distasteful.
    Others are a bit out of control and probably inappropriate to some as well.

• Well I hope soon David and Jim will eliminate this forum, I posted the Wind of Change for the positive meaning of the song if one listens to the words , do agree get rid of forum and lets move on to positive messages and games for which this site was meant for.

• Just a joke Spiderwebs...
    Sorry if it offended.

• In NO way am I suggesting removing the Green Felt forum!!!
    I just would appreciate caution with the things that may be posted on it.
    It would be nice to keep the friendly chatter, and player's conversations. As well as observations and help with games and giving positive feedback to Dave and Jim!

• Thank you, homedoggy.
    I find your sense of humour and comments usually right on and very enjoyable!

• Spiderwebs there was no ill intention towards yourself was just feeding off everyone else, I was just posting a song that had a lot of meaning in the lyrics , I misinterperated your message towards our videos and was wrong for what I said, no hard feelings,

• Thank you, Gerald64.
    I also enjoy your humor and comments!
    Actually, it was all feeling like a bit of a feeding frenzy...but NO hard feelings.
    I just wanted to bring it back to the basics of what the forum has been for the most part!

• If your interested in feeding frenzy check out my forum on Recipes all kinds of goodies,

• ...good one!
    Love the recipes sharing...

• Hey Spiderwebs you are welcome to join us on Recipes come have some good food chat.

• We know each other well enough,there are no hard feelings here.We have all tried to keep this forum friendly.This has all emanated from the first insert on this subject which is starting to create bad feeling.It's time to let it go.

• Yes indeed, I agree! Let it go, let
    Graeme, i've enjoyed your comments as well...

• I thought you guys wanted this post to go away??? If you stop posting here it will eventually sink in to the archives never to be seen again. As long as you keep adding comments it will be in your face! Just pointing out that sometimes the best way to get rid of something is to just let it die.

• You make a great point, Nan01, thanks for your wide comment!
    Would that were true but today, in the age of wireless communication, comments seldom just fade away. Once they're out there it's " feathers in the wind"...no way of knowing who will pick one up again to perpetuate a tempest in a teapot!
    (Look at us using this heading even now and not one reference to what precipitated this line of conversations.)
    Personally, I think the subject could most easily end if it is no longer listed in the "new posts for the fourum"...afterall, it is an old post and should end!
    (Not the forum, just this troublesome post.)

• Well said Spiderwebs.Entirely agree.Back to the game.

• BooC3BooC3 REGISTERED
    edited September 2018 192.150.10.210

• To @thprov and those who agree about "SS88" being offensive, may I suggest taking a page from the valiant counter-protesters in Charlottesville last year--and from the people who good-naturedly hijacked this thread: Bury SS88 with superior numbers. In the context of GreenFelt, that's as simple as beating the score. If enough people beat SS88, he'll fall out of the Top 10. I'll happily admit that I take extra pleasure in beating players with usernames favoring a certain loathesome figure.
    One could even argue that the cause justifies breaking out ReMouse ;-) [That has not been necessary to best my special foes. Besides, I vowed not to use that aid again...]

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Attach file
Attach image
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Home General DiscussionComment As ...