User name

To Dave or Jim:
I truly enjoy your site and love the design, ease of play, and friendliness of most players. Thank you for all your work and the way you try to correct any problems as soon as possible! As well as you providing this forum.
I'm a bit frustrated by one thing, however. In the few months I've been playing I've been asked to re register 3-4 times. My original user/registered name is Spidermum. I play Spider Solitaire and garden so it's perfect for me! Now I can't use it...
Is there ANY way you could restore and keep that as my user/registered name!?!

Comments

• since you mentioned Jim and David you should get a reply back, Thanks everyone!

• Spider webs, David replied to your las query about this. Here is what he said.

So… if the system logs you out (your login info is stored in a "cookie" and if you clear your browser history the cookies get cleared), you should be able to log back in—you shouldn't need to create a whole new user. Did you guys forget your password?

• I never have to log in unless it's my first visit after clearing cookies. I thought you got @spidermum back after your last post

• I wonder WHERE he logs in/ If he logs in here on the forums (a different place than our games) he may be losing names that way.

Try logging in on the main page which is www.greenfelt.net. Might work better.

If your original name is 2 words, you'll have to use a one-word name here on the forums. For instance, I play as Silver Hawk but Springrain in the name I use here.

• @david may have restored 'spidermum" last time

• jimjim REGISTERED, ADMINISTRATORS

Hi @spidermum, it looks like your username is lowercase. You won't be able to login if you capitalize it. Let us know if you still have problems.

• jimjim REGISTERED, ADMINISTRATORS

@Gerald64, if you start names with an @, then not only will the names "complete" nicely, (such that you won't have to type the whole name), but also the people you mention will get notified.

• THANK YOU EVERYONE!

• Thanks @jim thanks for everything,

• Hey @jim & @david, thanks for this place! And thanks for the Twitter-like @-mention notify, didn't know about that.

• i need some direction as to how to cancel my user name. please advise. thanks. ann

• if that's what you want to do is cancel your user name go to top right you will see a little wheel , click on that and sign out , if you want to change your username go to your username page and click on your name icon go to account setting and fill out page for new username , maybe someone if you give reason why you choose to to remove your username, hopefully someone else may can help you better or request to speak to David or Jim

• Jim username icon is on this page he is one of the founders of this site and he will be glad to help you , atleast give us a reason why you choose to leave,

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Attach file
Attach image
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Home General DiscussionComment As ...