Favorite Destination

What's your favorite destination. Is it somewhere you've been or is somewhere you'd like to go? i've just returned from a trip to Iceland, and right now, that is mine. Paris is very close, perhaps even tied, though.

Jezz

Comments

• I would like to go to Paris France, I have lived in Paris Tennessee and thou don't live there anymore it is one of my favorite spots to go to unwind, they have a replica of the Eifel Tower you can go find it on google maps , check it out 1oo feet tall, it's cool, And have the World's largest Fish Fry in April , people from all over the world, you can find it all over the internet. Au Revoir. Iceland would be nice with all this heat and humidity,

• Probably BC and Vancouver Island, but I would love to go to Bora Bora

• Disneyland :). Went there when I was a kid quite a few times and have wonderful memories of that place.

• Paris.For it's beauty and vibrant atmosphere.Venice without the crowds.

• I went to Auckland, New Zealand, twice years ago and I would love to go back.

• i have cruised from Vancouver, B.C. to Sydney, Australia and it was great. We even have Australian friends that we dined with and are still friends with them

• As a retired long-haul trucker, I have pretty much seen all of the USA. I have found no place I love more than where I am now, so there is nothing left in America I wish to see. (yes, I went to Hawaii and lived in Alaska).

I've traveled a great deal of Canada, but not much of the eastern part of the country.

Of all the places I have never been, I would most like to visit Ireland. It would take too long to list all the parts I wish to see, but Stonehenge is among those places.

Another place I would love to see is Scotland. There is a ruggedness in the rural areas that draws me to them.

Ah, but travel like that is now beyond me. Attached to an oxygen hose, here I stay.

Have a great one.

• Since @Gerald64 mentioned a namesake (Paris Tenn./ Paris France)...I live in the Piedmont North Carolina...which means 'at the foot of the mountains." The namesake is in northern Italy. Italian food and a view of the Alps...mmmm.
    As far as places I've been...I grew up in New York City...@Kenyon reminded me how nice Montreal is...and had a lot of fun in Nova Scotia and P.E.I.

• I am in vancouver wa, and have been to the default vancouver spot. People rarely think of washington state when they hear vancouver. Saying washington is confusing as well. I want to go to australia and buy opals. And see the sea sponge that made the oxygen for the entire planet. I read that the only living specimens left are in australia.

• Homedoggy you mentioned namesake yes lived in Paris that is Tennessee , now live in Milan, that is also Tennessee.no French or Italian except for pizza.

• Gerald64 and homedoggy, since you spoke of Paris, TN and the Piedmont of NC, I checked out Chesterfield, and found that there is a Chesterfield in Derbyshire, England. I would like to see the British Isles. Perhaps as part of a cruise.

• In my mind...I'm already there

• You of more technical skills than I are going to have to tell me how to post a video. I've found a complement to this video.

• Where is that homedoggy , that you are already there, Wish I was on Tennessee River,

• James Taylor is singing about a perfect place he's been before and want to get back to.
    Travel is always nice but I happy in God's little green acre... North Kakalaky . Kinda like Tennessee is to you.

• Chesterfield in Derbyshire is famous for its crooked spire and gateway to the beautiful Peak District and Chatsworth House. Went sledging there one snowy winter as a kid, real magical.

• Another song about Kakalaka,

• A cottage on a bluff on the eastern shore of Lake Michigan, between South Haven and Saugatuck. Water, sunsets, ruby red, moonlight on the water, quiet. No tv, no wi-fi. Reading, ballgames on the radio. Watching the water.

• omg yeah . . . grew up north of there. Perfect description of best place in the world. Even in the winter!

• Springrain: I can relate as I am also on Oxygen 24/7. I did go to Ireland about 6 years ago. I thought I could find a relative, but couldn't connect even 'tho surname took almost a page in the phone book! It is a beautiful, green country. Kissed the Blarney stone, "tested" Jamison, saw Cliffs of Moher. Flew over and then bus tour. People so very friendly and joyful.

Perhaps the library would have a video of the country and you could see some of the sights.

• xnewyorker - I think google maps has a thingy that allows you to see sights "virtually" if you are unable to travel I guess this would be an alternative

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Attach file
Attach image
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Home General DiscussionComment As ...