please stop decorating the face of the cards

This week is INDEPENDANCE DAY for USA not Canada. WHY do we have to see the Canadian Maple LEaf on the cars instead of a HEART? You guys do this ALL THE TIME and its ANNOYING and disstracting. PLEASE STOP DOING THIS!

If not, give us an option to turn it off please.
thanks

Game: klondike
Game #: 507068707

What would you like to see?

Comments

• please top decorating the cards with sstrange pictures. Cards are Spaids, clubs, HEARTS, and DIAMONDS/ NOT MAPLE LEAF Or ODD COLORS~

If you HAVE to get fancy and distract us please give us an option to trun it off in the deck choices..

• not to familiar with klondike but it has a deck options in top left , it is far as I know is a tradition on this site, and most games give you a choice of cards , after holidays the cards return to normal , you have an option or you can go to discussions and post a message to the founders of this site that is also an option, at midnight the cards will return to normal,

• That’s the funniest thing I’ve read in quite a while. Thanks for the laugh, pussywhip. :D

• Instead of getting nasty about it, pay attention to the page and you would see the button on the right (after "game number") that says "normal cards". Click it!

• July 1 is Canada Day. July 4 is Us Independence Day. Neither of these are a week. If you're going to snivel pussywhip, at least get your facts right.

• It's good to see the site getting back to normal

• gonna have Friday the 13th cards cards will have hockey masks and machetes on them,

• well I am from England and think having a Maple leaf is a very thoughtful touch.....maybe on the queen's birthday you could consider a Union Jack deck...

• July 1st is Canada Day. You know... Canada? It's that big country to the north of the U.S.A. You know...

Yes, look around on your game page. There is a way to get out of this nasty affront to your sensibilities... (Clue: to the right of the game number, in that bar above the cards.)

• Gerald64, LOLOLOLOL. Good one!

• T;hanks Monzie for the comment , I thought I would throw in the Friday the 13th cards, as Sage commented :smiley: Just to throw some Southern Humor into mix regarding the change with the Holiday Cards, when most know we can change the face of cards if some people take time to read the options on the game sites, as mentioned explaining this to *****whip

• Happy to see some scoring return, if only partially Thanks guys for your hard work!!!!

• Sage, I'm with you. Seems it's too much work for some people to read what is on their screen. Someone is supposed to verbally tell them, I guess.

• Guys...when I first encountered the holiday cards I didn't realize that you could reset the cards to normal. I didn't notice the tab at the top of the screen. Maybe the OP hasn't noticed either. It took me a while to get to know this site and all the little tricks of playing. I still haven't figured out all the shortcuts and the scoring of some games.

• The OP stated that they (Green Felt) kept doing this. Most likely the OP has been with the site for a while and just finds it too much trouble to look beyond his/her cards.

We see this every holiday that has card suit changes. Player after player after player complains we need to stop it or give them a way to change them back to normal. I know it takes a while to figure the site out, but if you can figure how to make a complaint, you can figure how to read responses.

On the other hand, if I'm mistaken, I will apologize.

• Yeah...Stop with the annoying decorating the "FACE CARDS"

• Some people really enjoy the holiday cards. I have less than perfect vision and they stress my eyes. David and Jim however have provided us a way to change back to the normal cards thankfully. There is a tab above the game that you can click to get back to the normal cards. By clicking that tab we can all enjoy our games of solitaire!

• Well said Springrain in reference to making complaints then you can figure how to read responses . Thank you for your comment and it is always pleasure to read your responses , especially to someone who doesn't take the time to read the responses .

• Speaking of the designs on the cards, I see now that they have changed "deck" where we can choose other deck designs to the upper left. I love the colored toes. lolol My new favorite design.

• @Gerald64 I love your honesty. Sometimes it's the best comedy of the day. lol

• This is a website visited by many people from many parts of these Americas. We all have much more in common than we have that in differences, but it is still sweet to celebrate our differences so we can understand each other better. I guess if some people do not have something to complain about, they must find something, even though one could simply remedy this by choosing a graphic for your deck up in the left corner. The website is finally back up and running after all that hard work by the David and Jim, and yet some people still must find something to be annoyed about. Life is a gift, not and entitlement. Keep the positivity going, like Gerald64 does, so the servers stay in sync, and the players stay delighted.

• Life is a Gift, not an Entitlement - that is what I meant to write. It is important to remember, especially in these divisive days.

• This is second time he has complained on a Holiday the other was Feb, 17th on the Valentines Day cards regarding colors of cards , He has to realize this is a tradition probably set up by our beloved founders a long time ago to celebrate with different variations on the cards to commimirate the Holidays , he needs to read the many responses and go back and look at past forums that I have mentioned he was told what steps to change back to normal cards, at least he didn't complain about the toes on Monzie's post to this individual , More Tennessee humor thrown in.

• What about the name of this particular individual. Am I missing something or is it not quite offencive. PUSSYWHIP?

• I agree @charmaine7 You would think...with a name like that... he would be able to maintain his focus on the task at hand and not even notice that the cards had changed.

• depends how the words are viewed, charmaine7 .. eye of the beholder often says more about the complainant’s mindset :)

• I agree with the recent messages of charmaine,homedoggy,and fingsaint about offensive name, I do remember several people have posted messages to David or Jim regarding offensive names and it was said nothing could be done , if some remember that issue in some asking for individuals to be removed, or made to change username accounts, I posted earlier at 3:47 Am this is not his first rodeo with complaining about the holiday cards as stated if some check his username and click on his discussions he uses to complain about this more than once, and he hasn't been online much just to use forum for his egotistical banter , to see how to get attention, or views and how many responses he can get and I see he is getting his few minutes of fame as old saying states, just saw this and had to inform those who just commented and notify again about his goals on this site, Everyone have a Happy Fourth of July, Thanks for allowing me to complain. rotflmao >:)

• THANK you Lizzie_Love and charmaine7...
    I couldn't say it any better than you have!!!

• Nahh G64...the past threads 2 or 3 months ago were dealing with "trump" related names that some people said they found offensive. @david likened it to a bumper sticker we don't agree with. But this does into a realm of vulgarity that...I suspect...may be found unacceptable.

• Why would you adopt a name like that?Which ever way you choose to translate it,it is offensive.L.O.L to my friends across the pond.Gerald...I'll get in touch shortly.Keep up the physio my friend

• The OP probably picked that name in order to offend and upset others...he has won. The best way to deal with offensive names is to...ignore them.

There are so many other things in life that can offend...things that truly affect others that a name on a message board is the least of our problems in life.

• Hey @Nan01... I've said the same thing about the Trump names on the site (both for and against) ...and if it were only me and you on the site, I would agree with you here and just roll my eyes and let it go ...nothing said.
    But we live in a world...and play on a site... that is populated by retirees and teenagers. I'm glad I'm not judge and jury and I'll leave that to others, but I do think society should be protected in some cases.

• Yep! I totally agree should be protected,

• Is this not a game sight? A source of amusement and fun? Why the snide comments about a person's request/comment. Shame on some of you!

• Well...it looks like somebody changed their username...Welcome @Dreamer*58
    Just an intelligent conversation about issues that effect all of us.-

• Some of the people who appear in this discussion have far too much time on their hands - you know who you are!

• daviddavid REGISTERED, ADMINISTRATORS

I generally like to keep things civil here and try to discourage "piling on", which can make people feel attacked…

But I do have to recognize the twisted genius of "This week is INDEPENDANCE DAY…".

And also I'd love to learn how to do the indepen-dance.

People have mentioned the "Normal Cards" button, which is the true solution to this complaint. I'm going to see if I can lock this thread—I'm not sure there's anything more productive to say here. We love you OP.

This discussion has been closed.