Why does the same game appear each time I log on ?

Game: freecell
Game #: 113629268
Browser: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; WOW64; Trident/7.0; .NET4.0C; .NET4.0E; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.0.30729; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; rv:11.0) like Gecko
JS-Version: 2018-06-02_16:22:44_-0700_d3b0e8e6d363398c1d6a92afbf9182162f76f451

Please describe the problem in as much detail as possible:

I usually play on my Kindle - no problems. I've now started playing on my PC. Every time I log on, I get game 113629268 on screen. Why ?

Comments

• As an avid free celler in the game bar if you click on Game# clear it and type any number between 1-999999999 then click ENTER and that particular game number will come up , you can also click on game of the day on the left hand side of screen, not being computer savvy I am not aware of how to fix that issue , I am giving you a easy way to resolve it as I would do to aleveate the issue. I hope someone will help you that has more experience than I do as I stated am and avid free cell fanatic, so play on ,have fun, good luck in your query and hope my own tips helps you ,

• Repeating games happens to everyone now and again... as you'll find by searching the forum.

You can reach all the Games of the Day, by clicking on the links in the Leaderboard. Also, for more games...

Click on the New Game button (on the left, under the Green Felt logo), of any game. Then click on the High Scores button to see if you've played it before. Keep doing this until you get a game you don't have a score on, because you haven't played it. Or just click it five or six times. You should get a game you haven't played, by then.

As Gerald mentioned... Alternately, click on the yellow game number of any game. (To the right of Auto Finish.) You can enter any number from 1 to 999999999 then click Enter (on your keyboard) to play that game.

• Pyramid Solitaire always starts with game #404211787
    I just click new game and play.

• jimjim REGISTERED, ADMINISTRATORS

Bookmark this link to Free Cell and your problem will go away.

Longer story: You probably have that specific game number encoded in the URL (bookmark?) you use to access Green Felt. If you click on this link you will get the same game you mention, but if you click this link to Free Cell you will not. The difference is the ?game=113629268 at the end. Sadly many browsers hide the URL these days so it's hard to tell. We've told Google to ignore the game number (yes you can do this), but we can't keep people from making links to specific games and we don't really want to, as that is how you link to a particular game.

• Thank you Jim for your insight regarding this query , thank you as well as David with your time with the recent technical issues and hope they are resolved and thank you my friend Sage for your insight as well, and to the others if I mislead you in anyway regarding this issue, since I am not a computer expert by no means, I apologize, Thanks one and all have a good day and again play on !

• Bit confused regarding recent discussions.Is the problem fixed?I use Windows10 and Explorer and hav'nt been able to access the games for the last two weeks.Is the problem my end?Any suggestions from my friends across the pond will be gratefully appreciated.

• Many thanks, Jim. Very helpful. I clicked on the link you suggested, and it sorted the problem.

On another issue, I'm sure all your readers know this, but I've just discovered that when your result comes up, you can select "Moves", rather than "Time". I find it much more satisfying to take your time, and plan ahead, with the result that I'm often in the top 10, and have twice been first ! (Sad, really, isn't it !)

• timvenner123, Sage and others have frequently had to tell others about the 'moves/time' option. That you found it yourself shows you are able to search and read things. I don't think you'll have too many problems with the games (other than those that the system causes if it crashes or gets the hiccups).

Glad you're here. Enjoy the games. :smile:

• Can I please ask a question about scoring? Since the games have been having problems, quite often you get an error message and therefore no score. I have discovered that if you click on 'replay' and just put up the first ace before giving up, you then get the score card, with your previous proper effort on it. However, the last time I tried this (game 1303071691) my first score of 36 in 109 moves and taking 3m7s placed me 8th in 121. However, the second score of 1 in 2 moves taking 3s placed me 21st. My question is what did the 100 people below me score to do worse than that???

• They may have only gotten 1, then decided to give up. More than likely tho, those 100 were probably anonymous (people who play without logging in). I'm not sure how they show in the system (that we don"t see) but they count as 1 player with no score.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Attach file
Attach image
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Home Bug ReportsComment As ...