Quit changing the card backs to "cute" holiday things that are annoying and distracting

Game: klondike
Game #: 571326523

What would you like to see?

Comments

• No more cutesie card back changes. Leave our choices alone.

• Hi @NEILO haven’t seen you around for awhile

• Please a word that might attract more attention. But really, how hard is it to hit "normal cards?"

• Apparently it's darn near impossible, if you read the never-ending complaints about anything related to holidays.

I am really enjoying holidays being acknowleged that are not just American holidays. It's both educational and fun.

Btw-yesterday was National Spouse's Day.

• Saturday January 27th happens to be International Holocaust Rememberance Day ,as looked on my Calendar Website link down below , those from other countries can change for your home country and month
    https://www.calendarr.com/united-states/calendar-january-2024/

• The question was Card BACKS not the hearts, spades and such.
    I noticed the Scottish Blue X and said "WTF", I checked my setting for CARD BACKS and found a card
    back labeled "Holiday" - I just checked and it's not there anymore - it was checked instead of my usual back.
    Was it a test? Why? I enjoy holiday FACES, a "normal" button and your in business but BACKS are a
    new and unknown species. We choose the backs.

• Addendum: Many players did not see the "holiday" back because they play games that are all face cards
    up. The Card Backs button does not appear on the screen 'cause you don't need it. Compare Klondike and Freecell.
    Thanking you in advance, I remain @Ptownpapa

• Card Back

• Yes, the Normal Button also works for card backs.

• When was this instituted/started/put in place - was there an announcement? I have never seen this till Scotland.

• jimjim REGISTERED, ADMINISTRATORS

Last year might have been the first for Burns Night. The “Holiday” deck backs are fairly old. We switched to the rings in during the Olympics maybe a decade ago, but it never worked well and we never updated the code with dates for subsequent Olympics. We fixed a few bugs in the backs handling and added the “Normal Backs” button only just recently after our recent additions garnered so many complaints.

• Thank you, I appreciate the update. Weirded me out at first, I didn't know the normal button was available, and the idea of having to manually change the option was heresy. Should have trusted the Greenfelt maestros.
    A month late, but have a great, happy, satisfying new tear to you, both your genetic & extended family, and all the
    greenfelt family.

• My first reaction after reading @NEILO's profound discussion, was to list the number of times this and other subjects have been complained about by this member...dating back from 2022...but after reading @Fireweed's wise insight, much better to move on to more interesting things.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Attach file
Attach image
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Home Feature RequestsComment As ...