time to quit being cute with card backs. Do what you do well with great games. Do you read these?

Game: klondike
Game #: 849822400
Browser: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/114.0.0.0 Safari/537.36
Window: 2114x1058
JS-Version: 2023-07-01_18:39:41_-0700_c72e6d7ebba7296c8eee9a3f9341e97b13fea92f

Please describe the problem in as much detail as possible:

Comments

• NEW AND UNWANTED AUTOMETIC CARDBACK CHANGES SUCK

• Click Normal Cards please and all your problems are over. And be prepared to suffer this indignity every holiday.

• I agree - PLEASE don't automatically change the card backs (or at least make it possible to change them back to your preferred card backs!) This is especially important for those of us with vision issues!

• AGREE!!! QUIT THE CUTE STUFF.

• IS THERE REALLY ANYBODY MONITORING THIS WHO CARES????? EVERYONE HATES THE "CUTSIE" AND ANNOYNG CARD BACKS. WE APPRECIATE WHAT YOU HAVE DONE FOR THIS SITE...JUST CUT OUT THE CUTSIE STUFF PLEEEEEEESE?

• Hi @NEILO I care, I monitor, I like the cutsie stuff
    Hi @seejoy did you see Jim’s reply? It should help:
    https://forum.greenfelt.net/discussion/12510/deck-back-question

• barzonymousbarzonymous REGISTERED
    edited July 2023 99.76.46.40

You know what I am not really a fan of-shouting an entire post in upper case.

There are many of us who really love the holiday cards and when we don't-we click on "Normal Cards" which worked perfectly.

• Just click "NORMAL CARDS" button on the right hand end of the menu bar. This returns the cards to their normal colors and backs.
    I think that the holiday cards are a BRILLIANT INVENTION. It shows an artistic skill, a beautiful presentation and an appeal to international players, USA, Canada, elsewhere. Also it honors traditions like Christmas and Valentines. Much more than that it shows a friendliness, a personal involvement, a human side, a mischievous sense of humor. Not just like any other dull video games site. Make no mistake about it, this is the VERY BEST GAMES SITE ON THE INTERNET. Thanks to David and Jim.

• Thank you, @kingfisher. Beautifully said.

• daviddavid REGISTERED, ADMINISTRATORS
    edited July 2023 10.0.0.206

IS THERE REALLY ANYBODY MONITORING THIS WHO CARES?????

Yep. Every public forum post also gets emailed to both me and Jim.

EVERYONE HATES THE "CUTSIE" AND ANNOYNG CARD BACKS.

That's patently untrue. But I do understand that you do. Which is why we made the "Normal Cards" button so that you can bah humbug your way out of the holidays (actually I'm pretty sure we discussed having the button literally called "Bah Humbug" but decided it wasn't clear enough :smile:). We even made the button bright orange so it would stand out amongst the other buttons:

It's the button all the way to the right.

• Some people are never happy and they don't want anyone else to be happy either.
    But I get the feeling that @NEILO doesn't read the posts anyway.
    I look forward to the holiday cards! THANK YOU.

• Another who thinks everything is aimed at bothering them. As I said to @ScarlettKat5, stop blaming others for all your problems. No one is targeting you. Ask questions instead of making accusations. We're pretty friendly here. Haven't eaten anyone in many, many years. Enjoy this gift.

• Neilo is certainly very vocal in his/her annoyance. Quite frankly I am sick of looking at the "tantrums" exhibited. They come across as ill mannered, repetitive and rude.
    David and Jim have brought much happiness into the lives of everyone using "Greenfelt" Thankyou for adding to our fun with a little whimsy. The Holiday and Special Day cards are fun for most of us. Long may they continue to reign.
    Enjoy the game rather than look for something to complain about.
    To all of the happy Greenfelters, keep on enjoying.

• Thank you @kingfisher Nicely said. I especially liked that you include our fellow card players all over the world.
    Thank you @david , @jim for your never ending patience.

• I'll second that.Play on and ignore!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Attach file
Attach image
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Home Bug ReportsComment As ...