Green felt compromised my password

URL: /
Browser: Mozilla/5.0 (iPad; CPU OS 14_6 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/605.1.15 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/14.1.1 Mobile/15E148 Safari/604.1
Window: 1024x665
JS-Version: 2021-05-13_21:02:42_-0700_ab89ecad80e64015f7a291c6eb2f0986d3467710

Please describe the problem in as much detail as possible:

Comments

• I just received a message that my password has appeared in a data leak on Greenfelt which puts my accounts at HIGH RISK OF COMPROMISE
    I AM TO CHANGE IMMEDIATELY!
    What the heck are you clowns doing that you allowed this to happen?

• barzonymousbarzonymous REGISTERED
    edited June 2021 99.76.46.40

I really don't think this happened-please calm down. There is no data to be leaked.

• What data have you given to Greenfelt other than a username and a password? They don't ask for credit card, bank accounts, social security, or even address and phone number. So what could be leaked? There are many unscrupulous people out there who try to scare you so you WILL give THEM your info and pay them to supposedly clean up the so-called (fake) leak. Don't even consider that.

• Strange how Scape is the only one receiving this message.

• Never click on a link in any email unless you know who sent it.

And ditto to everything @kat14 said.

• I blame the Russians

• Always a good option.

• I'll bet it was that cheating anonymous again.

• Our BOT Army!

• no worries, scape, the message u received is a new thing to edge (and maybe other browsers) .. .. .. it just means that the password u r using is also being used on another site, so there is a simple fix, just make sure u make a new password that is unique 🤓

• It depends on how the message is worded-I woud not click on a link unless I know it's from the browser password protection program.

But you're probably right.

• And who told you we were clowns? I take personal offense to that. I'm a professional incognito person and I have my reputation to think of. 🤪 So please be careful with the name calling. Play on.

• jimjim REGISTERED, ADMINISTRATORS
    edited June 2021 166.216.158.170

If you use the same password on ten sites (don’t do this, use your browser’s built in password manger to give each site a different random password that tou don’t have to remember), then e.g. Apple might notify you that your that password has been compromised. That might mean that one or none of those sites was compromised, but because they all share a password that was found in a dump from a hacker, they all have to be changed.

So maybe Green Felt was hacked, but you can likely only say that if you use a unique password for Green Felt and were notified that that specific one was hacked. Let us know if that is that case.

Cheers,
    -Jim

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Attach file
Attach image
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Home General DiscussionComment As ...