Solving speed

Game: klondike
Game #: 669172423

I want to know how people manage to play the game infinitely more swiftly than I do. So, I would like to see advice on this topic. Thanks. #### What would you like to see?

Comments

• You'll get lots of advice. First and foremost: practice, practice, practice. And enjoy whilst doing so.

• My advice is that winners win because of the number of moves... "Time" is the tiebreaker. And practice, practice, practice. The above game practically played itself.

• I will second the motion ,,,,,,,,practice, practice,practive
    Stay Safe everybody ...... Merry Christmas to all

• Hi @Ning I’m not that speedy at Klondike but I have found the technique of flipping through the deck first to release any hidden Aces before starting often helps. @graeme is a skilled speedy player and he may have a few tips but no doubt it’ll be many years of practice that has made him so adept at the game.

• Hello, how are points acquired in the game, Forty Thieves, please. It seems the more cards I manage to grow on the stacks at the top, the lower my score??

• barzonymousbarzonymous REGISTERED
    edited December 2020 99.76.46.40

The rules explain all of that. I do a lot of rereading rules... The top score is 104-because two decks are being used.

• Hello fingsaint.Thanks for the compliment but it's down to practice and,as mentioned earlier some games almost play themselves.You'r point about going through the deck first is a valid one,especially with the more difficult games where 52 looks impossible.This isn't always the case.Remove all the aces,two's etcetera first and then build on that.Be flexible,don't be afraid to try different variations,move you'r cards around and bring cards down from the formations in order to release a particular card if this will further you'r game.In regard to speed that's not my intent but I have played this game for so many years that I can't play in any other way,but there again speed is no good if you don't understand the game especially the more difficult ones.The above has served me well over the years and I trust this will be of some help.With practice comes experience.........that's what it really amounts to at the end of the day.I hope you and you'rs are safe in Australia,we are on lock-down here.Never mind there's always another game to play.Take care,

• fingsaintfingsaint REGISTERED
    edited December 2020 119.18.3.16

Hi @graeme good Klondike tips! thanks for your concern, relatively safe here for the time being with the hope that new outbreaks can be contained. Best wishes to you and your family - I hope the latest UK lockdown rules help to stop the spread before too long.

• graeme, As heard stories about the UK and the lockdown, I hope and pray that you and your family will be safe , and hope as mentioned that it will be contained so you and family can hopefully soon be back to normal til then my friend Take Care and above all Stay Safe , kinda rough going here in Tennessee in the US, including our town thou small and our county. My thoughts and prayers go out to you and your family and for all the people it has affected there , hopefully one day soon we can resume a normal life , Now off to play Klondike and Golf Wrap Around.

• Thank-you all for your concern.All fine here but keeping our heads down.The variant of this beast is spreading fast hence lock-down.Chris doesn't go out and I wear a mask when I do.The good news for us is that our daughter who works in a hospital receives her first vac's this morning [one of two].Not been able to see her for the last three months but will see her for a few hours on Christmas Day.My thoughts and prayers go out to you all my friends,keep safe and take care.New Year is coming and with it the vaccine.The beast is on borrowed time.I'm starting to sound like St.Paul's last epistle to the Corinthians.Enough of this.Time for solitaire followed by eggs on toast for lunch.Bye all.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Attach file
Attach image
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Home Feature RequestsComment As ...