always first, never 2nd or 9th,...

(sort of like always the bride and never the bridesmaid)

When I score in spider I'm always listed as first; I never come in 2nd or 8th,... or whatever(obviously I'm referring when other people have also scored, nor game of the day).

I've been trying to upoad a screen shot but it has been hanging (once left overnight).

btw, the file is about 1M

I tried in chrome, IE and edge, now firefox.

Comments

• Hi @cattycat if you quote the Spider game #number(s) then your score will be available to see on the high score tab for the game(s) in question

do you think there is a bug involved?

• (wish I could upload the screen shot). The high score tab is that spot that, when I score, ALWAYS says I come in first. I have a problem believing that (after all, I rarely even score in playing the game of the day). So in that sense, yes, I think there's a bug. The screen shot I'm failing to upload is for game 494023871 which is from July 30.

• It is because nobody else has played that game - I have fixed that issue for you. Now you are 2nd

• I played that game, too, to aid in the cause. @cattycat As there are a billion of each game, on this site, and the best of us can only play a hundred or so [</>] games a day, and need to do other things once in a while, and this site has only been around for fifteen years, the chances of finding a game that no one else has played are very good. Particularly if you play the same game for any length of time. So, if yours is the only name on the High Scores board, you are most definitely the only person to have played that game.

• jimjim REGISTERED, ADMINISTRATORS

@cattycat, as @Sage mentioned, there are a lot of possible shuffles. We try and steer you towards some that others have played in the last hour, but if you are fast, or keep skipping shuffles looking for one you think you can win, then you can get out ahead of the others. Someone has to be first!

• I recently started to enjoy spider again. I'd played the windows version on desktops years ago, but I'd been playing this site on my phone, with the screen too small for some of the layouts. Now I have a tablet--much better! Anyway, the spider games usually take much longer to complete -- 15 or 20 minutes instead of 2 or 4 like Yukon. I'd sometimes wish the new seed for this game started less often, like every few hours instead of on the hour, or even lasting the day. Especially being out of practice, it's a good motivation to see that someone else managed to score.

@murphymouse, I agree that Spider Solitaire is a great game that takes quite some time. I often have to come back to a certain shuffle a few times before being able to finally win. It’s also a great game to avoid the speed demons. I can’t imagine someone memorizing a winning sequence. I’d be happy to be proven wrong though.

• I guess I'm not clear. Agree with @Sage, etc. and tried to say there are lots of occasions when no one else scores. BUT @JIM, ETC I never come in 2nd. I have a screen shot showing I came in 1st out of 22. And I'm aware that there must be some steering going on. But when 2+ people play that same game and I score, I AM ALWAYS FIRST NEVER LOWER?? When I play game of the day I rarely score. I DON'T ACCEPT THAT I'M THAT GOOD.
    And, btw, I have a conjecture as to how the speed demons score 104 in an exceedingly fast time.
    [And, like @murphymouse my (spider) games aren't quick.]

• Hi @cattycat can you give the game #number of the spider game where you came in 1st out of 22? Then we can go to that particular game and look at the score table without you having to upload the screen shot. Thanks.

@cattycat, if you could post a screenshot here, we might be able to tell what’s going on.

• Jim, the Green Felt Guy, First, today I FINALLY came in 2nd/20 (so sad - about 60 fewer moves but 11 minutes slower) about 20 minutes ago, I didn't save the game no.. the one I WAS referring to. 1st out of 22, was game 494023871 on 2020/07/30 10:08 A.M. perhaps too far back.

I tried to upload a screenshot but the upload never completed. Using I/E, Edge, chrome and Firefox., Win 10
    Thanks

• Thank you. But those higher-score date/times are after I played.

• Update (I hit 'enter' too fast): So here, as an example I WAS first on 7/30. I accept that I should assume in all the other cases too. That's better than being a bug.

• Not sure what device you are on computer , tablet, phone , etc, me being on Laptop to do screen shots if your device has buttons CTRL(Control) & PRT SC (Screenshot) hold down those buttons at same time, is how I am able to do screen shots , you can as I did by googling it for your device to download screenshots on your device. Good Luck!!!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Attach file
Attach image
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Home Bug ReportsComment As ...