Pyramid insta-win bug.

AnonymousAnonymous GUESTS
edited January 2007 in Bug Reports
I you use double-click to turn cards on the stock, when it transfers them to the discard pile, it pulls any card out of the tableau -- anywhere on the tableus -- that creates a 13. ie, if there's a queen right at the top, it gets pulled to match with an ace in the stock, even if there is no clear path to the queen. This makes Pyramid trivially easy to win.

Comments

• jimjim REGISTERED, ADMINISTRATORS
    zarabee wrote:
    I you use double-click to turn cards on the stock, when it transfers them to the discard pile, it pulls any card out of the tableau -- anywhere on the tableus -- that creates a 13. ie, if there's a queen right at the top, it gets pulled to match with an ace in the stock, even if there is no clear path to the queen. This makes Pyramid trivially easy to win.

Hi zarabee,

I'm not seeing this at all. I can double click all I want and pairs are only made with cards from the uncovered base of the pyramid. I'm guessing it's caused by your using Opera, which we haven't tested with much. I'll take a look.

-Jim
  • jim wrote:
    Hi zarabee,

I'm not seeing this at all. I can double click all I want and pairs are only made with cards from the uncovered base of the pyramid. I'm guessing it's caused by your using Opera, which we haven't tested with much. I'll take a look.

-Jim

i think you're right -- just tried with my other browsers (Safari, Firefox and IE) and it doesn't happen with them. Hopefully that helps nrrow down what's causing it.
  • jimjim REGISTERED, ADMINISTRATORS
    zarabee wrote:
    i think you're right -- just tried with my other browsers (Safari, Firefox and IE) and it doesn't happen with them. Hopefully that helps nrrow down what's causing it.

I found and fixed a bunch of opera specific bugs, including one the showed up every time we printed a date (I'm not sure why no one ever mentioned this given that at least a few people use opera), but I was wasn't able to duplicate the pyramid bug you orrignally posted about. I tried opera 9.01, 9.02 and 9.10 to no avail. Let us know if you can still duplicate it.

FWIW, opera 9.10 has a known but unfixed bug that breaks double click (ondblclick). It won't be fixed until the next version, so I wouldn't bother upgrading.

-Jim
  • jim wrote:

I found and fixed a bunch of opera specific bugs, including one the showed up every time we printed a date (I'm not sure why no one ever mentioned this given that at least a few people use opera), but I was wasn't able to duplicate the pyramid bug you orrignally posted about. I tried opera 9.01, 9.02 and 9.10 to no avail. Let us know if you can still duplicate it.

-Jim

I'm using 9.01 -- can't duplicate it now after trying to double-click cards in the tableau and on the stock. The stock is still autoselecting cards to pair, even if I don't explicitly pair them, but only from the exposed cards.

Will do some more fiddling, but I think it's fixed. Yay! I can do pyramid again.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Attach file
Attach image
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Home Bug ReportsComment As ...