filtering usernames

Game: klondike
Game #: 1157193460

What would you like to see?

please filter out obscene words from usernames

Comments

• If you private message to Jim or David, telling them where and when you saw the name, they will take care of it. They don't have an automatic filter, and rely on us to give the info.

• Game #1467368358
    Position #8
    Vulgar name guy is back!
    Saturday July 23

• and also the political opinions user names-this is not the place.

• zudensternenzudensternen REGISTERED
    edited July 2022 97.127.52.32

I wish the political names could go away too, but that is a huge ask from @jim & @david . Where does it end? Filter out Trump & Biden and the perps will just get more subtle with their names. And it's not just US-centric: one player's name, in Chinese characters, is an obscene slur against Chinese people.

• Yeah, more wokeness, just what's needed. How about you put your big boy or girl pants on and stop trying to control the world around you! What is an unacceptable use of a user name if foul language.

• daviddavid REGISTERED, ADMINISTRATORS

I don't think that's what "woke" means. But also we typically don't censor political names no matter how stupid they are. Our censorship policy isn't a 100% clear line that's easy to define, though it could mostly be summed up as "profanity" and "slurs".

• Thanks for that explanation and for all your comments, @david.

I personally find political names to be unimaginative, but to each his/her/their own.

• Thank you David. It makes more sense now.

• daviddavid REGISTERED, ADMINISTRATORS

@zudensternen Can you message @jim or @david about the Chinese obscenity so we can take care of it?

• zudensternenzudensternen REGISTERED
    edited August 2022 97.127.52.32

@jim @david Found him. User name is 他妈的中国人 . See FC game https://greenfelt.net/freecell?game=3435837545 ; this user is currently #6, 58 sec., 102 moves.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Attach file
Attach image
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Home Feature RequestsComment As ...