I love the emoji avatars

I love the emoji avatars, but I don't know how to get one. I really don't even know how I got the dumb heart one I've got. Someone please help me...

Comments

• If you click on your user name (next to your emoji in the top right of the forum screen), it brings up your user info. Above your current emoji there is a "change picture" button that allows you to upload a picture. I haven't tried it myself, but it looks pretty straight forward.

• Thanks, but I can't get anything to load. I appreciate your help.

• jimjim REGISTERED, ADMINISTRATORS

Click on your name, @terregma. Then click the “Change Picture” button shown in this screen shot.

• I was curious where they came from and found my image came from vanillicon.com. The site says "Vanillicons are avatars that are unique to your name or email address. They are free to take and use around the web. Create yours now!" So it seems my little smiley face is unique...who would have guessed B^)

• On further digging I found out that the emojis are "svg" files, that is "scalable vector graphics" files. I suppose you would have to have a picture in that format to replace your emoji

• I see .jpg files work since Ptownpapa has a nice picture for his user name. Any other formats work?

• .png works

• Thank you dbwoeerner for finding out where they came from. And thank you sierrarose for your help, too. Now if I could just get my phone to allow me to make a change.

• Does selecting the "change picture" button shown above not give you a "browse" option on your phone to allow you to select a picture? Or can you not get that screen at all on your phone?

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Attach file
Attach image
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Home General DiscussionComment As ...