Undo

Game: fortythieves
Game #: 6572266

Limit undo to 3 per game.

Comments

• Why three?

• Why not?

• daviddavid REGISTERED, ADMINISTRATORS

Undo/Redo is one of the first things we implemented and we like it a lot since it lets you thoroughly explore the different paths of the game quickly. We'd need a pretty good justification for artificially limiting it…

• The reason for limiting "undo" is because they are not counted as moves when in reality it is two moves that are not reflected in number of moves made in a game. One move to a new place then another move back to the original position. This distorts the number of moves a player makes.

A player who makes, say, 100 moves with no undos will rank lower than a player who has 98 moves and 10 undos.
    It does not reflect actual moves made. For as noted, an undo is two moves not zero moves.

• If that's the way you count moves, RevMudd has a good point. Since I would hate to lose unlimited undo's, I would rather you just counted undo and redo as moves.

• You make a good point RevMudd. I'll play Calculation and at times I see another path and I'll 'undo' 6 or 8 moves. But I liken it to 'super moves'...it's not one players fault that everyone doesn't use it.

• But, as RevMudd points out, someone who manages to guess correctly, or has more insight, or just takes a better path on the first try deserves to be ranked higher in the moves list. I personally don't care that much, but it is kind of a hoot to once in awhile end up with the fewest moves. If you care, I can see why you would want to be ranked higher for not having used undo.

Whatever happens, PLEASE don't limit the number of undo/redo's. The harder puzzles (spider in particular) are nearly impossible without them!

We would never limit the number of undos. It's the first real feature that Jim and I implemented, even before super moves. We eventually might count them as part of the moves.

We would never limit the number of undos. It's the first real feature that Jim and I implemented, even before super moves. We eventually might count them as part of the moves.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Attach file
Attach image
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Home Feature RequestsComment As ...