games slow down

AnonymousAnonymous GUESTS
edited March 2011 in General Discussion
I have noticed that the more you play the games in a continuous session, the slower the moves become. After a while, you can place the cursor over a card and move it to a new position and the card doesn't actually move for 5 or 6 seconds. To cure the slowness, I click on games, choose sirtet, then immediately click on games and back to seahaven towers. The speed is back to near instantaneous again but after about 15 or 20 minutes of continuous play, the game is slow enough again to require another recycle. Any hints?

Comments

• daviddavid REGISTERED, ADMINISTRATORS
    guest wrote:
    I have noticed that the more you play the games in a continuous session, the slower the moves become. After a while, you can place the cursor over a card and move it to a new position and the card doesn't actually move for 5 or 6 seconds. To cure the slowness, I click on games, choose sirtet, then immediately click on games and back to seahaven towers. The speed is back to near instantaneous again but after about 15 or 20 minutes of continuous play, the game is slow enough again to require another recycle. Any hints?
    Reload/Refresh will also speed it back up. But more importantly we need to figure out why it is slowing down in the first place. Which browser are you using? And what kind of computer do you have (Windows or Mac)? That will help us diagnose the problem.

-David
  • I am using internet explorer on a Dell PC running windows.
  • jimjim REGISTERED, ADMINISTRATORS
    guest wrote:
    I have noticed that the more you play the games in a continuous session, the slower the moves become. After a while, you can place the cursor over a card and move it to a new position and the card doesn't actually move for 5 or 6 seconds.

Ouch. That is horrible. I suspect you're seeing a problem specific to Explorer. David has been trying to duplicate the slowness all day but was unable to. Do you use IE6 perhaps. He was trying with IE8.

-Jim
  • I have also noticed the slow thing, both on explorer and firefox (mostly explorer though). Have also found that it seems to be time related. As I often play when working night shift I notice that from about 1am to 5am it can get real slow and its actually faster to drag and drop than to click to move the cards. I think we were GMT +10 (will double check that if you need me to).
  • My games began being unbearably slow several days ago, the same day everyone else that has posted experienced it. The day before it started, the games were fast as can be. It's so slow and jerky now, I can't play anything.

PLEASE figure this out!?!

I play on IE 7.0 and have for the past six months.
  • I've had the same problem, and noticed it onyl happened when I had the page magnification abive 100%.

Try setting the cards to a size that suits you at 100% and see if that fixes it.
  • daviddavid REGISTERED, ADMINISTRATORS
    Guest wrote:
    I've had the same problem, and noticed it onyl happened when I had the page magnification abive 100%.

Try setting the cards to a size that suits you at 100% and see if that fixes it.
    Ah! I've been trying to reproduce the slowness for days and haven't been able to do it. Putting the zoom to something other than 100% (in the view menu) definitely slows it down considerably. Painfully. Definitely check your zoom levels if you are seeing major slowness of the site. I wonder if we can detect that and warn you somehow....

-David

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Attach file
Attach image
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Home General DiscussionComment As ...