how to approach forty thieves

does someone have a tip for me please? i have no idea how to tackle this game:(
thank you:)

Comments

• Forty Thieves is a great game but with a lot of twists and turns involved as have started playing it more regularly and as time goes on have gotten better as it takes time and patience , some games are winnable, but as a friend says all times it takes practice, practice , practice, on your Forty Thieves game screen on toolbar you can click Show Rules it will give you a few tips you are looking for .If you go on youtube as I was looking for tips I typed in How to play forty thieve there you will find a lot of videos that I looked at and it may help you here is a link but you can look at others thou hopefully you can learn there and use it to play on greenfelt game site, click on this link below to get started

Good Luck , play on , practice , practice hope to see you on scoreboard.

• Great, thank you very much! I will do my best:)

• hi me again, i watched the video and i know the rules. but if you look at the game of today, some players had a score of 104. How did they do it? There are many low cards in the beginning of the pile that you cannot place followed by kings and i cant figure out how to get to them again. Thanks for listening.

• They did it by replaying the same game over and over, trying various strategies to see which - if any - would result in a win. Even if a particular game cannot be won, your score will usually improve if you play the same game repeatedly.

Forty Thieves is very difficult to win if you play a particular game only once. Even with multiple replays, you will still win only about 1 in 17 games.

• yosoybuena, as mentioned above you can always play game over and over as you wish , as I mentioned not all games are winnable , each day you will get a new game of day so tomorrow ,may be a easier game number to figure out , you can also on your game screen where it shows game number in box click on it and back space to clear it out , and you have an option of game numbers from # 1- 9999999999 to choose from and by typing in any number and hitting ENTER. I can remember my first go at Forty Thieves , I made 5 moves and could not move any other cards and finished if remember was like 309th of 309th , but I went back at it by clicking options of replay to attempt again or clicking New Game, Scoring if correct since you are playing with 2 full decks of cards that is why it is scored 104 as you would find in playing with 2 decks of cards, I play for fun , and enjoy playing this very challenging game, as more you play get better each game and there is very winnable games , as said it takes time and practice , and having fun.

• thank you all for the replies. i think i get it now. Did much better today;)
    Since we are quarantined( i am from Austria) i have much time on my hand.
    Stay healthy!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Attach file
Attach image
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Home General DiscussionComment As ...