Bug that is driving me crazy

Game: fortythieves
Game #: 1135983760
Browser: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10_13_6) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/80.0.3987.106 Safari/537.36
JS-Version: 2020-01-22_00:58:46_c7478a9afe3e519feded6e31015c330221f5effe

Please describe the problem in as much detail as possible:

When you click on the deck, sometimes it takes it out of Forty Thieves, and you have to log back in. Other times if you hit the left side of a card, it will reverse the last step and start going backward. If you hit the right side of the card, you will go forward which is what you want.

Thank you.

Comments

• jimjim REGISTERED, ADMINISTRATORS
    edited February 2020 107.77.231.122

Hi @pb4ugo,

We have a few tricks built into the site that allow you to avoid reaching for the buttons. One is that if you click outside of any card, but on the playing surface, it’s the same thing as “auto play”. Another is that right click does “undo”. If you are using a computer with a touch pad, usually tapping with two fingers is equivalent to “right click”. If you aren’t careful, it’s really easy to accidentally tap with two fingers instead of one or to miss the card just slightly. Now that you know the secrets, you might find that your play gets more efficient because you can access undo/auto-play without reaching for the buttons! If you think about these rules when the cards do something you didn’t expect you might, for example, realize that you had an errant finger touching while you tapped causing an undo.

Green Felt has lots hidden powers like this to discover that can make your play super efficient, but we realize that they can be disconcerting when triggered accidentally.

Have fun,
    -Jim

• and, there is always the "undo" button that does away with the surprise moves you don't want.

• and sometimes I "undo" because the autoplay went so I fast I had to say. "WHAT did you just do there???"

• Haha. That happens to me all the time on pyramid.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Attach file
Attach image
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Home Bug ReportsComment As ...