Sorry to complain, but......

Game: freecell
Game #: 1593473851

I have been playing your games for years, and they help me wake up and begin the day. Here lately the Freecell games have become so difficult that I don't even want to play anymore. I'm a full time caregiver for my husband, and these games relax me for the day ahead, which is long and thankless. What's happened?
Pat Ebbe (Henrymom)

The Villages, Florida

What would you like to see?

Comments

• I believe the games are random, but sometimes it's a good idea to skip the Game of the Day and find a simpler one to play, if you just want to relax a bit. You deserve a good start to the day. I would suggest Flower Garden. But the games really are random. No one is choosing them.

• Flower Garden, while a great puzzle solitaire game, sometimes is very difficult and would seem to me to be less suited for Henrymom's needs. I would guess just trying a different Freecell game would work better.

• I suggest checking the High Scores before you start a game. That gives a decent indication of the game’s difficult. Here’s the scale I use, based on the average time for the top 10:

• < 30 seconds: easy
    • 30-60 seconds: moderate
    • 60-90 seconds: difficult
    • >90 seconds: It’s a bear!

Note that I’m pointing to the High Scores only as a window on the game’s difficulty; I don’t mean to suggest that anyone should care about how his or her score measures up against those with the quickest times.

• That's a good point about Flower Garden. And an excellent point about seeing the times it takes to win.

• Yeah, you are absolutely right about the high score times being an indictor of difficulty. I should have thought of that since I can't help but take note of times before I start a game....

• Hello Henrymom.Sometimes the stress of looking after your husband and the everyday worries of his care can affect your play.As suggested,try the games with the longest finishing times.Don't give up.I hope that everything finally works out well for both you and your husband.

• Bit of a rush this a.m.On reflection,the longest time would be the,presumably,hardest game.It's natural to become dispirited when you are enduring the pressure of looking after a loved one.Many of us have been there and it's not easy.On this forum you are amongst friends,always ready to help.You have done the right thing today.Talk and someone will always reply to you.You would be surprised how many of us are reading your heartfelt plea.Don't give up.Play on.

• Henrymom ,graeme is correct we are here to help you in your time of need , hope you got my message regarding certain games that you might want to look at, and hope that you enjoy trying some of the choices of games. This is a public forum and as mentioned we read messages and make every effort to help those that ask. Many of us here are here to pass time and escape everyday life, and family and medical as I know all to well with medical issues , enjoy the games and don't hesitate asking anyone for help , someone will be there when you need us, Take Care , Have fun,

• One slight nuance on judging game difficulty by the time taken by the top 10: those times don't settle down to a reliable indication of difficulty until 1000 or 1500 plays. If you just click on High Scores, you don't see the total number of plays. But you can click on Give Up to see that total. Then hit G to restart the game if you decide to play it.

What graeme and Gerald64 said: this is a very supportive community if you want to seek out that support.

• I play this all the time, love it !

• At the risk of incurring the wrath of the Green Felt community, the Microsoft Solitaire Collection's version of Free Cell features a menu selection that allows you to choose among Easy, Medium, Hard, Expert, and Random. Depending upon your state of mind at any given time, you can play an Easy game to relax or an Expert game to stimulate your mind. Watch out for Random - it may serve up a game that is impossible to win!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Attach file
Attach image
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Home General DiscussionComment As ...