New Game

seasidesalseasidesal REGISTERED
edited August 2010 in Feature Requests
Any chance you will be adding Addiction Solitaire?

Comments

• jimjim REGISTERED, ADMINISTRATORS
    seasidesal wrote:

Sure. Does the version you know place the gaps randomly on a redeal/shuffle or after the initial sequence?

-Jim
  • The one I am familiar with places the gaps randomly on redeals/shuffles.
    seasidesal wrote:

It took longer than I expected (It always does). Here's our first cut at addiction solitaire!

Give it a try and let us know what we can do to make it better. Note that you can click on the "gaps" and the obvious card will move there. I don't know if that is how it is usually implemented, but it really made it more fun for me to play.

If you like it we'll put it on the front page.

-Jim
  • I played the game several times with the following results:

First game it would automatically shuffle when I had no more plays. The following games it would end the game as soon as I had no more plays....did not automatically shuffle or give me the option to shuffle.

I am amazed you got this far so fast. Thank you for your efforts in providing a fun site and being so responsive to the players.
  • Wow that's hard, though I think it will take me a while to fully understand and comprehend what I need to do. Seems like a good game though, sort of reminds me of maze
    seasidesal wrote:
    First game it would automatically shuffle when I had no more plays. The following games it would end the game as soon as I had no more plays....did not automatically shuffle or give me the option to shuffle.

Actually that's the same game! You get two shuffles in Addiction Solitaire, AFAICT. When the game gets stuck it automatically shuffles. You can also press the new shuffle button any time (though I'm not sure this should be allowed). BTW, the shuffle button also indicates how many shuffles you have left. When you get stuck and there are no more shuffles, the game ends (like golf).

We had two more ideas/options on how we might implement this:
    • When you get stuck the game should pop up a dialog that allows you to either shuffle or undo (currently you can't undo then because it auto shuffles). Also when you get stuck with no more shuffles it would have two buttons, undo and give up.
    • No auto-shuffle, you have to press the button when you get stuck. This allows undo, but you have to realize you are stuck.

Let us know if you have an opinion on which way we go.
    Thank you for your efforts in providing a fun site and being so responsive to the players.

You're welcome. Thanks for playing.

-Jim
  • daviddavid REGISTERED, ADMINISTRATORS
    jim wrote:
    We had two more ideas/options on how we might implement this:
    • When you get stuck the game should pop up a dialog that allows you to either shuffle or undo (currently you can't undo then because it auto shuffles). Also when you get stuck with no more shuffles it would have two buttons, undo and give up.
    • No auto-shuffle, you have to press the button when you get stuck. This allows undo, but you have to realize you are stuck.
    There's also this option:
    • Auto-shuffle, no dialog, but undo undoes the shuffle plus the move that got you stuck.
    Or, if you want to look at it like this, add the shuffle "move" into the same undo state as the move that got you stuck.

-David
  • Undo is good, as I mucked up a couple of times and then had no choice but to go on.
  • I'm still having trouble when I play more than one game.

First game I get the 3 automatic reshuffles...everything fine.

Replay or second new game .... Reshuffle box shows 0 and game ends the first time I get stuck without giving me the 3 reshuffles.

I like this option: When you get stuck the game should pop up a dialog that allows you to either shuffle or undo (currently you can't undo then because it auto shuffles). Also when you get stuck with no more shuffles it would have two buttons, undo and give up.
    seasidesal wrote:
    I'm still having trouble when I play more than one game.

You're right! We never reset the number of redeals. That should be fixed now.

Thanks,
    -Jim
  • Thanks guys, and seasidesal, for the new game, it's great... and very appropriately named!
  • The game seems to be working fine now. I haven't had any problems with it.
  • Is it going to be added to main games menu?
    jabba wrote:
    Is it going to be added to main games menu?

Yes. Soon.

In the meantime we've been working on auto-play support for it, but it doesn't work yet. It does however make us question how much freedom you really have in the game.

-Jim

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Attach file
Attach image
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Home Feature RequestsComment As ...