Running slow on Windows 7

AnonymousAnonymous GUESTS
edited July 2010 in Bug Reports
Game: sht
Game #: 870362570
Browser: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 8.0; Windows NT 6.1; Trident/4.0; GTB6.5; SLCC2; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; .NET CLR 3.0.30729; Media Center PC 6.0; CMNTDF; InfoPath.2)

Please describe the problem in detail:

Just got a new laptop with Windows 7 and the game is running painfully slowly ...
I used to be able to compete pretty well with Wishy on Seahaven Towers, but now it's taking a couple of minutes instead of around 60 seconds.

Any thoughts?

Comments

• jimjim REGISTERED, ADMINISTRATORS
    Shanghai wrote:
    Just got a new laptop with Windows 7 and the game is running painfully slowly ...
    I used to be able to compete pretty well with Wishy on Seahaven Towers, but now it's taking a couple of minutes instead of around 60 seconds.

Any thoughts?

Thanks for the report.

A few days ago we activated a change to the way the cards are drawn. Does the slowdown correspond with that, or is it more with your new laptop? If you play on whatever machine you used to play on is it as fast as always?

-Jim

PS Neither David nor I use Windows regularly, so we appreciate the feedback, especially for subtle performance issues like this that we might otherwise miss.
  • Sadly I don't have access to the old one. Company IT took it away!
    So I have no idea about the card change compared to the previous one.
    I've tried upgrading to the latest version of Java, and it makes no difference.
    Can I somehow switch off card animation? That's what seems to be the source of the problem.
  • Forget the above. Now working perfectly. And no idea why ...

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Attach file
Attach image
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Home Bug ReportsComment As ...