Results

How about the winners placement by percentile?

Comments

• Percentile of what? How would you do that?

• Sage asked the right question. The number of people playing the game is constantly changing, some finishing in a placement before you and some after, therefore your percentile is constantly jumping around. I seem to remember there are something like over a billion members. There is probably a limit to the number of players who are calculated for the leaderboard. If you score goes beyond that limit well, you are up the creek without a paddle.

• At a moment in time... if you click back and forth between "Moves" and "Time" on a busy game or at a busy time your "Score" changes as you watch. Fascinating. To get a percentile score create a spreadsheet and compute ... Let "A" be your 'MOVES" score and let "B" be the total shown of all plays AT THAT MOMENT. the computation is
    "%" = (B-A) / B You can futz with it and use cells for input - format "%" as percent with 3 decimals and TADA you
    have your percentile.... It only works for MOVES by the way. OR if the total games played at the moment you won was say 3456 - knock off the units digit - in this case 6 - and as long as YOUR score is less than 345 you're in the
    90th percentile.

• Thanks for that Ptownpapa. Never clicked back and forth between Moves and Time...have to try that and thanks for the details of percentile calculation, takes me back to my old university days.

• AARGGH - I have to stop drinking... forget MOVES - the calculation uses the phrase "You placed 34th out of 676"
    "A" is 34th and "B" is 676
    And it works for both moves and time... the quick and dirty I placed at the end uses the same data (above)
    Bottle of wine, bottle of wine when ya gonna let me get sober...

• Another complication is that amongst the 676, there are a number of members that log on to a game without playing. For whatever reason they move on to the next game but, they are listed in the 676; therefore it is not a real "placing" statistically speaking.

As for the wine...we have all been there. Enjoy while you can :) .

• Indeed, Anglais, mon ami, I hope you can enjoy the american feast of overindulgence this coming Thursday.
    My brother-in-law always got his expat friends together in New Zealand for a springtime frolic if you will on the
    fourth Thursday in November. I am always grateful when I wake up - so far so good - I say to my grandchildren, I'm
    still here and I can still enjoy your love and company. AND I can play the games on Greenfelt. Salut

• Speaking of Thanksgiving wish everybody a great Thanksgiving , don't eat all the turkey and when Thursday comes David and Jim will have placed Thanksgiving cards up for us, can't wait, Au Revoir from Tennessee, I think that is USA , I just say the south

• jimjim REGISTERED, ADMINISTRATORS

@Gerald64, I think you are thinking of out Halloween cards which would likely have the same color scheme, but different symbols. We haven't create Thanksgiving cards yet. Feel free to post suggested designs!

• @jim - turkeys!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Attach file
Attach image
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Home Feature RequestsComment As ...