Scoring

bookplatebookplate REGISTERED

****So, I just played a game of 40 theives that I happen to win and the scoreboard says "you placed 1st out of 117" but the board only lists the scores of 9 players. What does the number 117 measure? I though it represented the number of players that have played that game so far, but it only listed 9. Just curious. Can someone explain?

Comments

• So, I just played a game of 40 theives that I happen to win and the scoreboard says "you placed 1st out of 117" but the board only lists the scores of 9 players. What does the number 117 measure? I though it represented the number of players that have played that game so far, but it only listed 9. Just curious. Can someone explain?

• The leader board only lists yourself and a handful of other top players. This saves me the embarrassment of being listed #117. Some of the games...like Klondike...may have 3 or 4 thousand players. You wouldn't want to see them all.

• That is the way is works - it shows the top 10 + your score (if you're not in the top 10)
    The nine you see - it that nine other than you?? Maybe a tie?

• Harumph - Leader board... not "you beat the game" - my bad

• Also, I think I read that the total "out of" number is how many times the game has been played, and not how many people have played the game. At least that is what I remember reading in an earlier post.

• Thank you for your feedback everyone. I realize that the scoreboard only lists the top 10 scores but when it's a game that's fairly new and it only shows the score of say 6 or 8 players why is the "out of" number higher than 6 or 8, like 117. If only 6 or 8 players played the game then the "out of" number should be 6 or 8. Is the "out of" number the number of total people that looked at the game but didn't actually play it. I don't know if I'm explaining it correctly and like I said before, not a big deal, just curious. Thanks.

• Nan01Nan01 REGISTERED
    edited November 2018 136.49.13.47

@bookplate The 117 would include unregistered players but the scoreboard doesn't display entries for them. That confused me at first also.

• Oh ok. Thank you Nan. That makes sense.

• It also includes players who scored no points. Either they got to a game they didn't like, or got called away, or ...who knows, but 0 points don't get listed.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Attach file
Attach image
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Home General DiscussionComment As ...