When does today become tomorrow?

How can a score made by arriba at 1.27am on 2018/9/21 be registered as the high score for 2018/9/20 ?

Comments

• Times are subjective to the player's location, i.e. time zone. I believe the playing "day" begins and ends with GMT.

• I've never seen a score posted after 1.00am registered as high score for that particular day except for the above mentioned person...on several occasions.

• See posts from August 22and 23 with comments from David

• daviddavid REGISTERED, ADMINISTRATORS

I think @Trinny is referencing this post, which can happen, but I think I think in this case it's an easier explanation. You can play any of the past games of the day by clicking on the "play" links on the Leader Board. The games do not lock out after the day expires, just the current game of the day changes. Perhaps Arriba likes catching up on old games and is good enough to consistently get on the high score table?

• Maybe so but he posted two scores in the same 24 hours yet they counted as high scores for two separate days.

• Who cares! Just enjoy the games and stop moaning.

• Who really cares about what others do? I am extremely happy that David and Jim have developed this site and it is an exceptional site, but there are far too many whiners!

• I SURE AGREEEEE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! grame & cdmusic ! I AM ANOTHER HAPPY ONE AND THANK DAVID & JIM ALSO !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Thanks graeme, cdmusic, sweet , my sentiments exactly, on whiners and complainers , thanks goes out to Jim and David, for the great site and games, play the games be happy

• All "TheStealer" asked for was an explanation. IMO he wasn't whining and complaining...he didn't trash the site...he didn't bad mouth Jim and David...he only asked a question.

I too only play for fun and to occupy my time. I also try to have a little fun along the way. However if someone wants to be serious about their play I am okay with that. Unless Jim or David have a problem with a post I have come to the conclusion that at least I don't have the right to judge about their post...each to their own.

BTW...Jim or David...If my post is out of line please feel free to delete it...I won't be offended. I just felt the urge to defend "TheStealer"'s right to ask a question regardless if it is of any interest to me or not.

Nan...the one that probably needs to learn to keep my opinions to myself or just quit read the forums.

• daviddavid REGISTERED, ADMINISTRATORS

No @Nan01, you aren't out of line. Questions are 100% welcome here.

@TheStealer , I'm not sure what what you mean exactly, I'm looking at the leader board and I don't see any dates that look out of line. Arriba seems to play the game of the day and gets top 5 pretty consistently. I think you are talking about this particular Klondike game of the day from 2018-08-20.

A bit of explanation about games and high scores: It doesn't matter what day you play a game on. "Game of the days" are really just "Game Numbers" (Jim and I call them "seeds"). Game numbers specify a specific shuffle of the deck—so everyone on a particular high score table starts with their cards in the same order, so they are on a level playing field. The Klondike game I linked above was game number "975423286", which was the game number of the Game of the Day from 2018-08-20. But everyone is free to go play that game right now and potentially unseat someone in the high score table.

• david (Green Felt Guy) Thanks for clearing that up for me.

• graeme ''Questions are 100% welcome here'' - david (Green Felt Guy

• That's put me in my place.I'm off for a cup of tea and a cream cake.Play on.

• NOW I REMEMBER WHY I DO NOT WRITE ANYTHING HERE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BYE-BYE

• A thought regarding thestealer's original question:
    Today is yesterday's tomorrow and tomorrow's yesterday. ;~)

• Yes, I know when today becomes tomorrow. When living in Australia, as I do, today here is tomorrow in America. And you're still trying to catch up. >:)

• time wise, a direct flight from Aus arrives in the US before it has even departed :)

• aussi4 and fingsaint ... love your responses - you both put a happy smile on my day. Thnx

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Attach file
Attach image
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Home General DiscussionComment As ...