still not fixed

I was very pleased when green felt got back online, but despite reports to the contrary, there are still problems. At least every other game, the score is not available. Sometimes you can get it by clicking on the card icon (top right) but often that doesn't work either. The whole point in playing on green felt is the chance to see how you did against others. Without the comparative scores, it is just a matter of playing solitaire against yourself, and any of a dozen websites will do. I enjoy looking out for familiar names, to see if I can beat the good players - Broncomonarch, Dicookie, quiltingnancy - to name a few. I cannot beat them for speed, but sometimes persistence pays off. However, although the website is up and running, it is still not fixed - may have to give it up as a bad job if nothing happens soon.

Comments

• Patience is a virtue

• Cardplayer#80, I don't know what games or games you play, but all of the games I play at the top of the screen, just below the name of the game and above the Buttons is a blurb that David put up.

Play the Game of the day. We're currentlly experiencing problems with the server and are working to fix them.
    Please see our blog post for updates.
    Want something? Request a feature.

Please note the bolded part. As long as that is up there, I believe the games are not going to be up to par. They CAN be played, but one must do that with patience. I am sorry that the games are not up to your speed yet, but if you are patient, they will be.

I'm not certain that threats will make that disk copy faster. Sorry.

• fingsaintfingsaint REGISTERED
    edited June 2018 27.99.85.214

Reports to the contrary (that everything is hunky dory) are not necessarily from the site owners. The best place to follow the progress of Green Felt maintenance, and to follow other users experiencing different problems depending on the kit they use, is here: https://blog.greenfelt.net/2018/06/02/the-server-is-undergoing-maintenance

• Well said my friends,

• As I related to Gerald.I hav'nt been able to access the games for a week or so.Instead,I'm teaching Treacle,our puppy to play Klondike with a pack of cards.Im starting to suffer from cabin fever.Could see Treacle on the Leader Board soon

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Attach file
Attach image
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Home General DiscussionComment As ...