It would be nice if I could spend an evening where I could win an occasional game.

Game: klondike3
Game #: 501294207

What would you like to see?

Comments

• I would like to see a solitaire game that was normal and not rigged to loose.

• SageSage REGISTERED
    edited May 2018 99.243.242.159

Please explain how anyone would go about rigging a game to lose... On this site or at home, playing with a deck of cards... Then explain why the owners of this site would rig games to lose? What could be their reason for doing so? So that no one will want to visit their site more than a few times?

I can also state that, as someone who joined this site ten years ago, the way I, and those others who regularly win games, do so is by practising pretty well every day of the year, and for many more than a few minutes a day. It takes practice and a perhaps even a bit of skill to win games regularly. If David and Jim (the guys who run this site) posted the numbers of how many of each game I've played, in the past ten years, no one would be more shocked and flabbergasted than I would be.

As others, who have put forth a much better argument, have said, to complaints from people not being able to win games, or achieve even once the high and fast scores that those further up on the score boards have... Would you expect anyone who excels at anything to do so at the beginning of their career or would you assume that they've spent much time and effort in practice and perfecting their skill? Why would playing on-line solitaire be any different?

Really, though, would you prefer that the games were rigged to win? Would you be happy if you won every game without even having to try or think? What would be the challenge, or the sense of achievement, in that?

For every solitaire game here the cards are randomly shuffled, as if you were dealing cards from a deck, yourself. There are a billion of every card game available here, so it's not unusual, or surprising, that some are, as game #: 501294207, of Klondike 3 is, as you can see by clicking the High Scores button, unwinnable. As no one, not even the well skilled players, got a higher score than 1, you may assume that it's well and truly unwinnable but not that it's been rigged to lose. Click the New Game button, to the left of the row of buttons over the cards, for another game.

• Can't say no more than Sage has already said, and pretty sure others will say everything that needs to be said has been said, so I have no horse in this race, and don't know if I could win that race, barely can ride a horse, not since I was a young whipper snapper, on the banks of the Tennessee River, Keep playing woolwoman , give it a chance hell I put up 2nd place on free cell , it took time to achieve that , so it can get better,

• Very well explained Sage.Invariably,these criticisms tend to emanate from those who are new or inexperienced at these games.Most,I feel,don't bother to read the replies or advice given and vanish to whence they came.It will continue every now and again despite efforts to explain.

• I am new here too, and I AGREE !!!!!!!!!!!!---with sage. Games are games. I am new here too and playing any game it is normal to lose and win all the time !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HAVE A NICE DAY PLAYERS.

• I win some, lose some, but you know what ? I have fun and enjoy myself. A great way to "relax" ?

• Try Hopeless, single colour - you win EVERY TIME - enjoy

• Sorry Trinny but I must be the exception.Admittedly I've only tried a few times,but the clock has beaten me every time.I've retreated to my comfort zone of Klondike but may venture out again in the near future.I have tried Freecell with the same results.It's the old adage..........practice,practice..................practice.In the meantime I will continue to play on.Enjoy your games everyone.

• Hello Woolwoman, having just discovered this website by accident, I am very impressed by way the whole thing is set up. It gives really quick responses - I especially like the click anywhere and it clears any available to the foundation in one action. I see what you are getting at about winning, but you have to allow that there are some very experienced players and unless you do tons of practice, it is going to be hard to match them. That said, I do actually win now and again, and even came first in a game played by over 600 people! I cannot match the top players for speed, but I do adopt what seems to me to be a general ruse and check out quickly if I think the game isn't going anywhere, and that often results in a top ten placing, which I am very pleased with. My other tactic is perseverance, which can also pay dividends if you keep going. Just by getting one or two extra cards, you can finish high in the list. In any case, the winning is actually about clearing all the cards, as it would be if you played with a real pack rather than in a virtual world. anyway, good luck - I'll look out for your name in the leaderboard - in fact I have seen it there, because I thought you might be someone who likes knitting! :)

• DILLY! DILLY!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Attach file
Attach image
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Home General DiscussionComment As ...