Hopeless Scoring

I don't understand how Hopeless is scored. I've attached a copy of "High Scores" and "My Scores." Even when I clear the board, my final score is about like the one listed. How do folks score in the 20K and 30K range when even a perfect run for me is in the 3K to 4K range. I'm fairly fast, but the high score folks must have super fingers!

955 x 327 - 58K
865 x 711 - 80K

Comments

• i believe the scoring incorporates the square of the number of blocks that are connected. For instance, if i have 9 blocks connected i will get 81 points but if i connect 4 i will only get 16 points. There is something else involved i think but i only focus on the squaring part and it works pretty well. So go for longer strings versus repeated shorter ones, or even removing all the blocks.

• Have you tried practising on 2 and/or 3 colour block games?

• @cellerdweller, the high scores you see are generated an the 3 color (easy) version. It gives you the greatest opportunity to connect bigger blocks of colors, as lasso said, which drives up scores. Your scores will go up...but it's still hard to get way up on the leader board. I enjoy playing 4 color and challenging myself to get 10,000pts.
    Good luck!

• Hey...some of the Hopeless games are better suited for high scores than others. If you go to 'Easy' mode then go down to the leader board and click on 'Today.' Sometimes, only 1 or 2 games account for all the high scores listed.
    You can click on any of those game numbers and play the same game the leaders did. Gotta warn you though...it's still hard to get 28k pts. Those guys (AND LADIES) are good.
    Have fun.

• Thanks everyone. Here I go again.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Attach file
Attach image
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Home General DiscussionComment As ...